PS 1 thoughts

RS12

Reaction score
We had heard good things about our OL depth all camp. Turns out it was all fake news. They were flat out terrible across the board.

Bostick
Ball
Waletzo
Should all be cut tomorrow. They got abused all game long

And our golden child Beebe? Looks totally lost at center. Hoffman is your 2024 starter. Beebe should focus on being the starter at RG in 2025.

Disappointed we didn’t see more of Guyton but coming off the illness I get it. Hopefully he plays a ton these next two weeks.

Our DL is as bad as we feared. While the Rams DL feasted, ours was invisible. No push at all.

Lost count of the number of drops from the receivers. They simply have to be better. The McMath kid should be cut tomorrow.

Between the OL and the receivers I don’t know what to think about Lance other than we seems pretty inaccurate

The refs are in mid season form. They basically gifted the whole last drive to the Rams.
Yeah Beebe had his share of issues and has a long way to go before I'd trust him as a starter. Guyton when the opponent is simply running the arc, and Guyton gets his hands on him, Guyton wins. Duke cleaned a lot of stuff this summer. On the D Line Kneeland was OK, and Rodgers probably makes the 53, Davis was awful and those weren't starters he was against. If Guyton is the starter in Cleveland (and I expect he will) Garret will be a huge test. he will do more than run the arc. Edoga has two modes: injured and awful. Keep an eye on Spann-Ford going forward.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
I saw pretty much nothing to be excited about. Our (mostly) backup Oline was terrible as was our DL. 4 picks, but only the one by #33 was the result of a good play, the others were simply terrible throws/decisions by Steston Man.

Many fates were sealed today, including McMuffin, McLovin, or whatever stonehands' name is.

It's the same every year, our scrubs always worse than the other team's scrubs. Such great depth.

basel90

Reaction score
We had heard good things about our OL depth all camp. Turns out it was all fake news. They were flat out terrible across the board.

Bostick
Ball
Waletzo

And our golden child Beebe? Looks totally lost at center. Hoffman is your 2024 starter. Beebe should focus on being the starter at RG in 2025.

Disappointed we didn’t see more of Guyton but coming off the illness I get it. Hopefully he plays a ton these next two weeks.

Our DL is as bad as we feared. While the Rams DL feasted, ours was invisible. No push at all.

Lost count of the number of drops from the receivers. They simply have to be better. The McMath kid should be cut tomorrow.

Between the OL and the receivers I don’t know what to think about Lance other than we seems pretty inaccurate

The refs are in mid season form. They basically gifted the whole last drive to the Rams.
Guyton looked like a stud at the OL in his first preseason game . Very impressive . No wonder they did not let him play more as the depth is suspect at OL

morat1959

Reaction score
There are only two ways to describe the upcoming season. Total incompetence or we are tanking. After 28 years, I’m leaning towards incompetence. I hope I’m wrong.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I’m not understanding the two headed monster at OC . After Moore MM should have gotten a full time OC and done the walk around coach bit . I think personally as HC & part OC sets it up for bad decisions.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I didn't watch the entire game, but thought the D was pretty aggressive in getting to the play and ended up with 4 tos. Dissapointing to see them give up that last td, but they definitely have some guys that really fly around. Hope we find more dline depth though.

On the opposite side, the offense was pretty poor and was unable to capitalize on anything. Lance holds the ball too long and doesn't appear very accurate. The backup oline was very up and down as well. Aside from a few of the receivers I don't know that there's a lot of positives to hit on. With the Tos this game should never have gone to that last drive.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We had heard good things about our OL depth all camp. Turns out it was all fake news.
Bostick, Ball and Waletzo aren't even 53 guys. The OL is really good. Not fake news at all.

Judging non-53 guys as the depth isn't any good is a bit out there.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Bostick
Ball
Waletzo

We are supposed to say we have great WR depth

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Bostick
Ball
Waletzo

Disagree about CooperB.

He’s All-American / All Conf Guard.

I didn’t see him miss much today at C.

Anyone that thinks Hoffman is the same player as CB will be disappointed.

plymkr

Reaction score

Bostick
Ball
Waletzo

I was really concerned about the trenches today. It seemed like they were getting through to Lance more than we were getting to their QB. It seemed they won the LOS. That’s not good.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Bostick
Ball
Waletzo

The ball came out slow with Trance behind the Center, so it made the OLines job look worse than it was.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Need total overhaul of the entire offensive coach staff.
Starting with the fraud at the top.