PS Game 2 53 Projection

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
This projection is what I think the roster would look like today, not necessarily what it will look like on opening day.

QB (2) Romo and Dak. No need for a veteran. Showers has shown nothing. He will end up on the PS again or we will sign another youngster. Keeping only 2 gives us lots of room in other positions.

RB (4) Zeke, Morris, Jackson and ???? This may be the hardest position to figure. Doubt we only keep three. The first two are obvious locks and no way they expose Jackson to waivers at this point. Would love to trade McFadden. And Dunbar probably starts on PUP. So for now I'll add DMC to the 53 but just barely

FB (0) as much as red loves the fullback, I just don't see it on the current roster. Maybe we pick one up later

WR (5) easy here. Dez, Twill, Beas, Brice and Lucky. No room for 6 so Jones

TE (4) Witten, Escobar, Swaim and TBD. We will certainly keep 4 especially with no FB but I don't see the 4th on the roster right now. Hanna is off until he actually gets out there and Gathers is PS at best. Looks like we will be adding one at final cuts.

OL (8)Tyron, Collins, Beard, Martin, Free, Green, Looney, Leary. This group will probably end up at 9 with final cuts but right now there isn't another backup worthy of the 53.

DL (10) Crawford, Crawford, Thornton, Collins, McClain, Irving, Jenkins, Tapper, Russell, McAdoo. Once DLaw gets back he likely kicks McAdoo to the curb.

LB (7) Lee, Durant, Hitch, Wilson, Wilber, Nzeocha (assuming minor injury) and Morris. Morris has shown up a lot on D and special teams. He's by no means a lock but for now he sneaks in.

CB (4) Mo, Oscan, Carr, Brown. Brown needs to be back out there but he's shown enough to be safe for now.

S (4) Jones, Church, Heath, Olatoye. May be the weakest group on the team. Will likely add one here at final cuts. Olatoye has been mostly a corner but has the size to play safety and that's where we need numbers.
And hey, no Wicox!!

ST (3) you know.

So I guess that only adds up to 51. Am k missing anyone on the current roster that needs to be included?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Duh. Missed Mayowa. My bad. Scratch McAdoo. And if healthy I agree Gachkar makes it

SMASHMOUTH9473

Reaction score
Here's mine

QB (2) Romo and Dak.
RB (4) Zeke, Morris, Jackson and DMC
WR (6) Dez, Twill, Beas, Brice, Lucky and Jones
TE (4) Witten, Escobar, Swaim and the kid from Wisconsin
OL (9)Tyron, Collins, Beard, Martin, Free, Green, Looney, Leary...TBD

DL (10) Crawford, Crawford, Thornton, Collins, McClain, Irving, Jenkins, Tapper, Mayowa, DLaw
LB (7) Lee, Durant, Hitch, Wilson, Wilber, Nzeocha, Morris
CB (4) Mo, Oscan, Carr, Brown, Olatoye.
S (4) Jones, Church, Heath, Frazier

ST (3) you know.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
We've seen more out of Jenkins in 2 preseason games than what Russell has done in his time here.

The problem is, Jenkins is getting to play the 3T, which is where coaches said last offseason RRussell looked at his best. Due to suspensions and other issues, we're forced to keep him at DE.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
He's not LT, but beggers can't be choosers.
Mcadoo looked more fluid. I see why the poster above said Russell looked better as a 3t because I don't see him as an end at all. 4-3 ends should have bend to them. I'll look closer next few games