PTI says Brees to N.O

ndanger

Reaction score
Brees in New Orleans would be great for Peyton and his new diggs Huh?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
theogt said:
Following BPs advice. Interesting.

Especially after all the rhetoric around here that all Coach Parcells does is lord it over his assistant coaches and they just cannot wait to get the bloody hell away from him.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Better than listening to anyone in the NO organization:laugh2:

I think that is why BP coaches are hot commodities ,because BP continues to give advice to these guys so failing is not as likely

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
ndanger said:
Brees in New Orleans would be great for Peyton and his new diggs Huh?

It's smoke and mirrors, they aren't going to pass up on Leinart or Young. Brees is very overrated and coming off a serious shoulder injury.

But then again this is the same franchise that traded an entire draft to land Rickey Williams, so who know what they might do.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
leonargized said:
I think that is why BP coaches are hot commodities ,because BP continues to give advice to these guys so failing is not as likely
True. He'd be tough to work with sometimes, but BPs underlings can usually write their own tickets afterwards.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Brees must keep his brain in that mole if he would go to New Orleans and not even entertain the idea of going to Miami or elsewhere.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
It's smoke and mirrors, they aren't going to pass up on Leinart or Young. Brees is very overrated and coming off a serious shoulder injury.

But then again this is the same franchise that traded an entire draft to land Rickey Williams, so who know what they might do.

I do see this as a good fit...N.O. has a decent veteran offense and with a QB they could be pretty good ...I think N.O. is a lot closer to contending than people think and if they can trade that pick to drop down and still get either the best Dlineman or best Olineman in the draft then whats wrong with that

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
If Parcells really told Payton to go after Brees he should be fired on the spot.

Helping any potential opponent hurts Dallas.

jcollins28

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:

Overrated in your opinion. Many others think Brees is a top ten QB. I think this is a horrible mistake for Brees. Many good NFL guys have gone there and failed. Brees is next in line.

clayman

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Especially after all the rhetoric around here that all Coach Parcells does is lord it over his assistant coaches and they just cannot wait to get the bloody hell away from him.

He did get the hell away from him though. :laugh2:

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
jcollins28 said:
Overrated in your opinion. Many others think Brees is a top ten QB. I think this is a horrible mistake for Brees. Many good NFL guys have gone there and failed. Brees is next in line.

Opinions are just that, sure I think he's overrated and I'm sure others share this feeling as well....I've also seen a lot of people hype him up beyond belief and call him the best free agent available.

I think the biggest issue is the injury he suffered in a meaningless finale against denver, some have downplayed it...but I think the front office in san diego knows its a serious issue, combine that with the fact they have a younger top 10 pick sitting there collecting dust, it's not a surprise they will let brees walk.

DeepBleu

Reaction score
i wonder who are the teams looking to trade up, if new orleans decides to not take a qb at number 2. perhaps the jets or the raiders, if neither one of them doesn't make a trade for a qb. heck, the titans might also want to move up to make sure that they do get the chance to unite norm chow and matt leinart.