PTI says Brees to N.O

burmafrd

Reaction score
I doubt Brees signs in NO- they do not have the space to really make all that great an offer and it is NO after all. The Chargers screwed up their chance to make it to the SB by badmouthing Brees's injury- the surgeon that operated on him already has gone on record as saying he should make a full recovery and he is a month ahead of schedule. Brees will not go back- so it is either Miami or Oakland; probably Miami. Now SD has to throw in a rookie- and they are no longer in the hunt.

VThokie7

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Opinions are just that, sure I think he's overrated and I'm sure others share this feeling as well....I've also seen a lot of people hype him up beyond belief and call him the best free agent available.

I think the biggest issue is the injury he suffered in a meaningless finale against denver, some have downplayed it...but I think the front office in san diego knows its a serious issue, combine that with the fact they have a younger top 10 pick sitting there collecting dust, it's not a surprise they will let brees walk.

A torn labrum isn't nearly as bad as your making it out to be. It isn't nearly as severe as the torn rotator cuff's pennington has suffered. I know a pitcher who partially tore his and without surgery was back by the next season pitching over the 90's again. And it wasn't just he didn't feel like having surgery, hes one of the top prospects int he Orioles organization, so you know they are going to take care of him. Also some of you might be aware of him, Adam Loewen the pitcher who picked up the W against the USA for Canada in the WBC. He was one of the pitchers on the MiLB team I interned for last season.

Reaction score
I'd take Leinart #2 in a heartbeat. That being said, if we are wanting to make the playoff/superbowl push this year, then picking Leinart #2 and giving up what we'd have to give up to pick there would make no sense. The only justifiable pick at #2 for us this year (assuming we could put together what it would take to move up) would be D'Brick. He's the only guy worth trading away multiple players/picks in this draft that would take the field right away. I would say Leinart, but I don't know that Leinart would take the field right away.

VThokie7

Reaction score
I think you guys are going way out a limb for Dallas trading for the #2 pick. Just because he gave Payton some advice don't mean its going to cost him his pick. I tf the Saints sign Brees then I think the likely thing is them trading down a few spots and taking AJ Hawk or DBrickshaw Ferguson. Their LT Gandy is horrible at this point in his career and their linebackers are pretty weak, so either one would make sense plus a trade down opens the doors for them to add more talent since FA probaly won't be their friend this year with the state of the team.