Punter Please

jr40usa

Reaction score
I know because of the salary cap you can't just cut players. But if we have to bring in a punter every week. Our current punter is pathetic.

muldune13

Reaction score
Seriously, we can't go into this last game with Paulescu and his 35 yd avg....

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Sitting Bull;2515051 said:
I think he's bulletproof since he's our third best tackler on special teams...

No kidding...he's considered the "George Teague" of Cowboys punters. ;)

On a serious note, our punter is a detriment to this team, his greatest weakness being the distance (or lack thereof) with his punts and it's starting to bite the Cowboys in the behind with regards to field position.

Eskimo

Reaction score
It is hard to believe they can't hold out tryouts on Monday and find someone much better - just comb the preseason tapes again and find someone else. It is not too late to bring someone in.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
What do you expect when picking up a punter in the middle of the season? The guy was the best available and had been pretty competent up until that game.

Eskimo

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2515113 said:
What do you expect when picking up a punter in the middle of the season? The guy was the best available and had been pretty competent up until that game.

I don't know about that - his average is terrible and I think hang time also isn't good. I know a good portion of it is the coverage team, but I don't think Sam is helping them out much with his short line drives.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I just kept thinking that Baltimore's punter was such a weapon. Everytime they punted, they pinned us back. When ur special teams coach sucks I guess you pick sucky punters too. What happened to the guy we had during preseason? Otovegio?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
He is what he is: a scrub.

http://img257.*************/img257/1079/ch81satdec202008084401pbl3.jpg

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Isn't Scott Player currently a FA?

Surely he can punt alittle better than what we currently have.

AlterEgo

Reaction score
There will be no change in punter. In a typical Wade Phillips game plan, special teams only accounts for 10% of a game outcome despite the fact that special teams consists of 33% of a game.

Allowing onside kick recoveries, fake field goals, long punt and KO returns in crucial moments of the game and 20 yard punts simply don't have an impact on a game.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
bbgun;2515154 said:
He is what he is: a scrub.

http://img257.*************/img257/1079/ch81satdec202008084401pbl3.jpg

More specifically, he is Bruce Read's scrub. Paulescu "played" for Read in college.

You can all thank Read for this ST "gem".

Ben Roflsberger

Reaction score
yeah this thread needs to be stickied. every week i hope this guy is gone. he hurts us more than he helps.

BC27

Reaction score
Draegerman;2515092 said:
On a serious note, our punter is a detriment to this team, his greatest weakness being the distance (or lack thereof) with his punts and it's starting to bite the Cowboys in the behind with regards to field position.
And the hang time too!!!!!!

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Draegerman;2515092 said:
No kidding...he's considered the "George Teague" of Cowboys punters. ;)

I think you need to quit whining about the punter and start watching football!

jordan20

Reaction score
At the end of the game last night Ravens had a net of 51 yards and we had a net of 31 yards. I don't know what it ended at but our punter is brutal except on 30 -35 yard punts.

Reaction score
jr40usa;2514939 said:
I know because of the salary cap you can't just cut players. But if we have to bring in a punter every week. Our current punter is pathetic.

HA!!! I can remember getting blown up when I started a thread like this after the St. Louis game...

Remember, he punted good in denver during preseason (I am certain the thin air had nothing to do with it)...welcome to my side...

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Jon88;2515773 said:
I think you need to quit whining about the punter and start watching football!

Now what exactly made you decide to single out my post out of all the other anti-punter rants that you've read in this thread? You're calling this whining because I was merely pointing out his deficiencies? And how will my watching football solve an obvious problem the Cowboys clearly have at the punter position?

Dude, just how old are you exactly?