Put a fork in our boys

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Take off the rose colored glasses folks. I need to go find some old threads. Year 2 of Wade has nowhere to go but down.

I predict we finish last. It will happen. Can you say 8-8?

I hope Jerry is happy.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
i wish you were wrong but the more i see this team play the more i lean to your prediction. the defense sucks right now

kbman

Reaction score
Well 8-8 is very possible,tons of talent but no coach = no playoffs

bigE79

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2353681 said:
Take off the rose colored glasses folks. I need to go find some old threads. Year 2 of Wade has nowhere to go but down.

I predict we finish last. It will happen. Can you say 8-8?

I hope Jerry is happy.
WE WILL SEE...11-5 BUT NO WORSE THEN 10-6:starspin

JonCJG

Reaction score
We'll be better when Watkins, Newman, Romo, F Jones, and Kosier are back.

Boysboy

Reaction score
KD;2353744 said:
We'll be better when Watkins, Newman, Romo, F Jones, and Kosier are back.

Agreed-everyone seems to be underestimating our injuries. We'll be fine.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Where to begin?

I say a solid 50% of this loss is on Brad Johnson. He didn't TRY to suck, he just DOES. He's gotten paid a LOT of money to hold a clipboard and pretend to be ready these last couple of years. His interceptions kept our defense on the field far too long and put the Rams in short yardage again and again.

I say 20% is on the o-line. We miss Kyle badly, and Flo is not what he used to be. Gurode has played worse the last several games than he has in a LONG time.

The final 30% i put on our defense. Our secondary has been an issue for years and it seems like nothing really helps. Roy is a constant liability, Henry is just plain SLOW, and the new guys get beaten too often. Add to that the fact that A. Jones is probably not going to be a Cowboy much longer and we really need to step it up.

We made a 1-win team look like Super Bowl contenders today. I was philosophical after the cards loss, but people need to go ballistic to get this team fired up. Whatever is going to happen...let's get on with it.

Just inexcusably bad. At least we'll have a different backup QB next year. THAT MUCH SHOULD BE CRYSTAL CLEAR.

Everson24

Reaction score
We will be extremely lucky to finish 8-8. It feels like the 2007 season when we just tanked it at the end.

JonCJG

Reaction score
Johnson limits this offense severely with his noodle arm and inability to move in the pocket. We could have had two T.O's, RW and Moss out there today and still would have lost this game with Brad at qb.

I think we can all agree based on todays performance that B Johnson will be out of the league next year.

Boysboy

Reaction score
PullMyFinger;2354512 said:
Injuries shouldnt be used as an excuse.

That's why it's impossible to go undefeated-b/c in this violent sport, players will get hurt every now and then.

Remember our '93 year when we had injuries in late Nov(Troy and Emmitt)-we looked awful against a mediocre Falcons team, and then not much better against a Fins team that can't play in cold weather. When we got Troy and Emmitt back in the stretch run, we didn't lose another game.

bigE79

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2354582 said:
Let's see in a few weeks. I'll send you a new paper bag for your liquor! ;)
WE WILL BE 6-3 IN A FEW WEEKS:D

JonCJG

Reaction score
PullMyFinger;2354512 said:
Injuries shouldnt be used as an excuse.

OK, lets ignore the fact that we played without some of our top players on our offense, defense and special teams.

Romo, Kosier, F Jones, Watkins, Spencer, Newman, Burnett, Mcbriar and Pacman were all starters or at contributors at the start of the season and now they are all banged up or out completely.

But that shouldn't matter right? Please. Players, especially top players being hurt is a valid explanation for losing.

****, look at the Pats. Without Brady they went from being a top team in the NFL to a very, very average one. Still don't think injuries are that big of a deal?

bigE79

Reaction score
KD;2354619 said:
OK, lets ignore the fact that we played without some of our top players on our offense, defense and special teams.

Romo, Kosier, F Jones, Watkins, Spencer, Newman, Burnett, Mcbriar and Pacman were all starters or at contributors at the start of the season and now they are all banged up or out completely.

But that shouldn't matter right? Please. Players, especially top players being hurt is a valid explanation for losing.

****, look at the Pats. Without Brady they went from being a top team in the NFL to a very, very average one. Still don't think injuries are that big of a deal?
TO SOME POSTERS,THAT DOESNT FIT THEIR AGENDAS

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Until we are officially done, I never consider this team done.

Sorry, but I hate to give up on the team.

JonCJG

Reaction score
bigE79;2354652 said:
TO SOME POSTERS,THAT DOESNT FIT THEIR AGENDAS

I wish those same posters would explain to me why I'm wrong.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
All you Wade and Jerry lovers that this team was not very good. remember all a lot of you telling me it's just preseason? well it's not preseason anymore folks. this is a bad football team.we are a 500 NFL team in our last 12 games. and we have a head coach and GM who does not have a clue. tell me why we did not pick up TY law, when we knew with pacman and newman out we needed some vet help back there?and why did we not trade for another WR on the other side of Owens, in the offseason? i cried all summer about the need for another wide-out.as i told some of you.getting mad at me would not solve these problems. now look where we are. we are right now one of the worse teams in the NFL.as the big tuna use to say. you are what your record says you are.WE ARE BAD FOLKS.