Put "Wild Cowboy" formation in for Stanback

hendog

Reaction score
If he's going to be on the roster let's at least try to use some of his talents. Felix could certainly give us some pointers.

He also would be a nice threat to throw out of it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yeah because that 'Wildcat' offense didn't just get exposed by the Ravens.

It's a gimmick offense that will now be reduced to being used no more than 1-2 times a game in hope of catching the defense in the wrong alignment.

The Wildcat is dead.

hendog

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2362260 said:
Yeah because that 'Wildcat' offense didn't just get exposed by the Ravens.

It's a gimmick offense that will now be reduced to being used no more than 1-2 times a game in hope of catching the defense in the wrong alignment.

The Wildcat is dead.

I'd take a few trick plays about now.

No wait you're right - let's hand it off to barber behind procter for no gain a few more times. Now thats some creativity.

BTW - I didn't mean line up in it the whole damn game there William.

btcutter

Reaction score
Wildcat, wildhog, wilddog or whatever gimmick you want to throw out on the field still requires a Competent OL to block and create lanes.

Right now, our OL is vasely underachieving for the amt of $$$ JJ is paying them.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
hendog;2362272 said:
I'd take a few trick plays about now.

No wait you're right - let's hand it off to barber behind procter for no gain a few more times. Now thats some creativity.

BTW - I didn't mean line up in it the whole damn game there William.

I know you didn't mean the whole game but it won't work. It might work once so, yay, we'd get one play out of it. DC's now have game tape, provided by the Ravens, on exactly how to shut down this gimmick offense. It's not going to work more than once for you, at this point, and there for would be as useless as running Barber right behind Procter.

But by all means, get offended because someone didn't think your idea was brilliant.

hendog

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2362300 said:
I know you didn't mean the whole game but it won't work. It might work once so, yay, we'd get one play out of it. DC's now have game tape, provided by the Ravens, on exactly how to shut down this gimmick offense. It's not going to work more than once for you, at this point, and there for would be as useless as running Barber right behind Procter.

But by all means, get offended because someone didn't think your idea was brilliant.

Ok sorry. Mods please delete.

Hailmary

Reaction score
if anything, we should scale down the playbook and get back to basics in hopes that will help the offense execute the plays better.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I do think we need to scale things back, go back to some more basic stuff, change up how we use the WR's a bit, find some better routes, quicker routes, for Romo or Brad to find TO, Crayton, RW, and company on.

I think a little less shotgun, little less seven step drop would help them and help this O-Line. Get a little more 3 step and get the ball out kind of stuff. We've got the WR's to get some yards after the catch type stuff so we should be trying to use that.

hendog

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2362358 said:
I do think we need to scale things back, go back to some more basic stuff, change up how we use the WR's a bit, find some better routes, quicker routes, for Romo or Brad to find TO, Crayton, RW, and company on.

I think a little less shotgun, little less seven step drop would help them and help this O-Line. Get a little more 3 step and get the ball out kind of stuff. We've got the WR's to get some yards after the catch type stuff so we should be trying to use that.

I agree with this whole heartedly and have been saying the exact same thing to my Cowboy friends at work. Can we be friends again.

hendog

Reaction score
My point of this thread was to find something that he could do to contribute or get him the hell off my roster and get me some CB or OLine help.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
hendog;2362368 said:
I agree with this whole heartedly and have been saying the exact same thing to my Cowboy friends at work. Can we be friends again.

We never weren't friends. :)

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Standback would do better than BJ, he has a cannon.

[youtube]1FuC3jnm4TE[/youtube]

hendog

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2362383 said:
Standback would do better than BJ, he has a cannon.

[youtube]1FuC3jnm4TE[/youtube]

That was 72 yards in the air.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Screw that, lets go Swinging Gate formation!

Swinging-Gate-Pass.jpg

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brandt

One of the unusual wrinkles we've seen all season has been the Dolphins' "Wildcat" formation -- and the Ravens demonstrated in Week 7 how to stop it. As soon as they saw Miami lining up in the Wildcat, Baltimore went into full blitz mode. And while the Ravens defense was taking care of business, we saw a new wrinkle from the Ravens' offense. Baltimore went no-huddle against Miami in an attempt to keep the defense from making substitutions. The strategy paid off in Baltimore's 27-13 win.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?campa...ith-comments&confirm=true&id=09000d5d80bcd39a