Put up your razor blades

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
I can't believe all the pissing and moaning going on in here. Well, yeah I can, the same doom and gloom people do it all the time.

Just relax and enjoy Day 2 of the draft.

Here's my analysis of Day 1:

Felix Jones
This is who everyone knew the Cowboys were going to take if he was available at 22. And guess what? He was. The Cowboys weren't looking for a starter here, but a guy who could split carries and contribute in other areas, i.e., kick returns.

I know a lot of people groaned when Mendenhall was on the board and we didn't select him. That's not what they were looking for. IMO, though, there's not much that separates the two. This pick will work out.

Mike Jenkins
What a gem that fell into our laps late in the first round. Most analysts projected him to go before 20. When he was there at 25, the move to trade up to get him made sense.

We were weak at the CB position, and in one day, it became a position of strength in one day. T-New, Henry, Pacman and Jenkins. Wow!

Martellus Bennett
Just for the record, I called this pick yesterday morning before the draft started (http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117286) just not at 61.

Anyway, this kid plays faster he ran at the combine. For a guy who's 6'7", 255 lbs, 4.6 speed is pretty good. That's just as fast as Kelly. He does need some work to solidify his blocking, but with HH coaching the line again, this really won't be a problem. The benefit with Bennett is that he doesn't have to be on the line to be effective, much like Witten. This is another tool to help Romo.

Overall, our draft so far doesn't look too bad. Each player they've picked so far will come in and contribute. It will be interesting to see who they get on day 2.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2056971 said:
I can't believe all the pissing and moaning going on in here. Well, yeah I can, the same doom and gloom people do it all the time.

Just relax and enjoy Day 2 of the draft.

Here's my analysis of Day 1:

Felix Jones
This is who everyone knew the Cowboys were going to take if he was available at 22. And guess what? He was. The Cowboys weren't looking for a starter here, but a guy who could split carries and contribute in other areas, i.e., kick returns.

I know a lot of people groaned when Mendenhall was on the board and we didn't select him. That's not what they were looking for. IMO, though, there's not much that separates the two. This pick will work out.

Mike Jenkins
What a gem that fell into our laps late in the first round. Most analysts projected him to go before 20. When he was there at 25, the move to trade up to get him made sense.

We were weak at the CB position, and in one day, it became a position of strength in one day. T-New, Henry, Pacman and Jenkins. Wow!

Martellus Bennett
Just for the record, I called this pick yesterday morning before the draft started (http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117286) just not at 61.

Anyway, this kid plays faster he ran at the combine. For a guy who's 6'7", 255 lbs, 4.6 speed is pretty good. That's just as fast as Kelly. He does need some work to solidify his blocking, but with HH coaching the line again, this really won't be a problem. The benefit with Bennett is that he doesn't have to be on the line to be effective, much like Witten. This is another tool to help Romo.

Overall, our draft so far doesn't look too bad. Each player they've picked so far will come in and contribute. It will be interesting to see who they get on day 2.

I knew it was coming no matter who we picked.