Putty's too early 53

waldoputty

Reaction score
on the bubble: rush or white for qb2, edwards or another developmental ol, wilson or twill for wr, ward or crawford for dl, gregory or neal for de, covington or ufa lb, white or thomas for cb5, and additional s from ufa or fa.

offense (25)
qb (2): dak, (rush or white)
rb (3): zeke, austin, smith
fb: (1): olawale
ol (9): tfred, tsmith, martin, collins, williams, fleming, looney, mmartin, (edwards)
te (4): rico, jarwin, schultz, swaim
wr (6): hurns, gallup, thompson, brown, beas, (wilson or twill)

defense: (25)
dt (5): collins, irving, price, ash, (ward or crawford)
de (5): dlaw, taco, armstrong, ealy, (hopefully gregory if not then neal)
lb (6): lee, smith, vander esch, thomas, wilson, (covington or ufa)
s (4): woods, frazer, heath (ufa or fa)
ca (5): awuzie, lewis, jones, brown, (white or thomas)

special teams: (3)

jday

Reaction score
on the bubble: rush or white for qb2, edwards or another developmental ol, wilson or twill for wr, ward or crawford for dl, gregory or neal for de, covington or ufa lb, white or thomas for cb5, and additional s from ufa or fa.

offense (25)
ol (9): tfred, tsmith, martin, collins, williams, fleming, looney, mmartin, (edwards)

No Bo? Oh no! :omg:

Sydla

Reaction score
if ward can perform about the same as crawford, then i see crawford as casualty unless he reduces his salary

He won’t reduce his salary. Why would he?

The Crawford hate and desire to kick him off the teamis easily one of the more bizarre things one reads around here.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I think they keep three QBs, at least for a while. I could also totally see Wilson pushing Thompson off the 53. When it comes to WR I think there are very few guaranteed slots and will be completely unsurprised to see heads roll in training camp. It's not just the names that are changing. The philosophy is changing too. They could have easily traded up to ensure getting Sutton but chose instead to stay put and pick Gallup instead, a nod to the importance of route-running instead of size and physicality. I think Ward is going to get a good long chance to prove himself and Shultz is going to play more than most folks think because he's a great blocker and a better receiver than he gets credit for being. Overall, they will go long in some spots and perilously short in others on the initial 53 as they try to avoid losing players they see a future for in Dallas. I think Ash and Neil easily make the PS and Taco will see snaps at 3-tech, so mebbe they go a bit short at DL.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I think they keep three QBs, at least for a while. I could also totally see Wilson pushing Thompson off the 53. When it comes to WR I think there are very few guaranteed slots and will be completely unsurprised to see heads roll in training camp. It's not just the names that are changing. The philosophy is changing too. They could have easily traded up to ensure getting Sutton but chose instead to stay put and pick Gallup instead, a nod to the importance of route-running instead of size and physicality. I think Ward is going to get a good long chance to prove himself and Shultz is going to play more than most folks think because he's a great blocker and a better receiver than he gets credit for being. Overall, they will go long in some spots and perilously short in others on the initial 53 as they try to avoid losing players they see a future for in Dallas. I think Ash and Neil easily make the PS and Taco will see snaps at 3-tech, so mebbe they go a bit short at DL.

wr will be wild.
thompson has the most speed other than austin...

Sydla

Reaction score
fans hate Crawford because of his salary...the coaches like him. I doubt if he gets cut.

People are blinded by the contract but if you take that out of the equation at this point, he’s a very productive DL for us that does things that don’t show up on stat sheets. He’s a great backup DL at this point.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

offense (25)

Just throwing it out there, TWill's salary is fully guaranteed. Unless we find a trading partner, we lose money by cutting him.

garyv

Reaction score

offense (25)

I think think they keep 3 QB not 2 and only 3 TE not 4

DandyTom64

Reaction score
Maybe somebody has an idea why it's 53, but I would think 60 would work better for the rosters of every team. Probably already been discussed, I'm new here.