Q&A with Arizona CB Antoine Cason

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile;2038430 said:
Nope, I just refuse to acknowledge any comment that discounts several 1st round draft picks and dismisses them with a wave of the hand.

Just not worth the time. I was looking for a discussion, not to just acknowledge whatever you say as valid and the rest of us not having a clue. I can get that from JT and his assumptions of my knowledge of Arizona football.

are you trying to intimate that someone on that list other than Ed Reed was a great player? Because there arnt any of those

I know what rounds Rolle, Buchanon and Taylor were picked in...I also know none of them were worth the draft slots used on them...Buchanon is a 3rd or 4th CB and has been on multiple teams...the Cards are likely moving Rolle to FS and Taylor (rip) was always one of the more overrated players in football...I doubt any safety was roasted as much as he was

again, your making something out of it that isnt there

David

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967;2038450 said:
are you trying to intimate that someone on that list other than Ed Reed was a great player? Because there arnt any of those

I know what rounds Rolle, Buchanon and Taylor were picked in...I also know none of them were worth the draft slots used on them...Buchanon is a 3rd or 4th CB and has been on multiple teams...the Cards are likely moving Rolle to FS and Taylor (rip) was always one of the more overrated players in football...I doubt any safety was roasted as much as he was

again, your making something out of it that isnt there

David
I'm out of powder and not interested in this.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2038369 said:
so whats your definition of a "special" player? and if he's special, whats that make the 4-6-8 or so CB's that are likely going before him?

there are not any "special" CB talents in this draft IMO...I dont see Deion Sanders or Mike Haynes in any of them...and thats why its likely none of them are going to be drafted before the 10-12 area...because nobody else sees them as "special" either

David

My idea of a special player is one who can take over games.

And if you look at the stats that Cason posted while he was at Arizona, he took over games and changed the way that teams worked the field.

Not to mention he won the Thorpe Award for the best defensive back in college football last year.

If you drafted players strictly on the numbers they put up in college and not looking at combine numbers and the like, Cason is an EASY top 10 pick. He completely dominated in college football.

The question with Cason isn't if he is what he is a good but not great player. The question with Cason is if his athleticism will keep him from translating his dominance in college football to the NFL.