Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

QB coach on Dak "teaching the ropes" to Lance​

Nick Eatman | DallasCowboys.com
May 17, 2024

<excerpted>

Cowboys quarterbacks coach Scott Tolzien was asked about the way Dak can help Lance this offseason.

"He's been great. He goes out of his way on a play that maybe he has a long history with, he can teach him some of the nuances with (Lance)," Tolzien said. "Beyond that, teach him the ropes – things that he's used in the past for him, both fundamentally and approach-wise. I'm really lucky that we have a really good quarterback room and guys help each other out and it's really natural and makes my job easier." (Read more/full article)

Jayinem

Reaction score
They should make a movie where a Quarterback is supposed to mentor a younger Quarterback, and he teaches him everything wrong on purpose to sabotage him, but it turns out it makes the young Quarterback better than the older Quarterback.

Chasing6

Reaction score

May 17, 2024

<excerpted>

Cowboys quarterbacks coach Scott Tolzien was asked about the way Dak can help Lance this offseason.

"He's been great. He goes out of his way on a play that maybe he has a long history with, he can teach him some of the nuances with (Lance)," Tolzien said. "Beyond that, teach him the ropes – things that he's used in the past for him, both fundamentally and approach-wise. I'm really lucky that we have a really good quarterback room and guys help each other out and it's really natural and makes my job easier." (Read more/full article)
"Every year I'm with him, I'm more impressed with the way he works and the way he leads," Tolzien said of Dak. "He's an elite player and his approach every day. He makes things go here. He's a pleasure to work with for sure."

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If there's something strange
In your Prescott thread
Who you gonna call?

ROMOBUSTERS!

If there's something weird
And it don't look good
Who you gonna call?

ROMOBUSTERS!

If you're seeing things
Nowhere in that thread
Who can you call?

ROMOBUSTERS!

An invisible name
Can't find it in the thread
Ow! who you gonna call?

ROMOBUSTERS!

I ain't 'fraid of no critic!
Uh! I ain't 'fraid of no critic!

YAH! YAH! YAH! YAH!

RoboQB

Reaction score
"Every year I'm with him, I'm more impressed with the way he works and the way he leads," Tolzien said of Dak. "He's an elite player and his approach every day. He makes things go here. He's a pleasure to work with for sure."
The ol' pucker up to your franchise QB comment.
Yo' Scotty, ya got something brown hanging on your nose.

Chasing6

Reaction score

May 17, 2024

<excerpted>

I thought McCarthy was working directly with Trance as the QB "whisperer." Pretty sure I read that here a several times.