QB Kyler Murray’s Comments on CeeDee Lamb a Reminder of Cowboys Luck

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I do think he gets overlooked.

I actually love the depth we've added at corner. While we're not clear-cut on our starters, Awuzie, Lewis, Brown, Worley and Canady all have either nickel or starting experience and have shown some good things at times. Then, we have the two rookies, Diggs and Robinson. We might not carry a single corner this year who is just a special-teammer. Seven corners who can actually play corner gives us a lot of flexibility in the secondary.

He definitely has ideal size if we were to need someone to fill in at safety.

(As if being capable as an outside CB wouldn't be enough!) I do like him!

Johnny23

Reaction score
In case anyone was wondering, while Murray "lobbied the team to draft former Oklahoma teammate CeeDee Lamb at No. 8 in the draft" the Cardinals proceeded to completely avoid the heavy loaded WR draft class.

Round Selection Player Position College
1 8 Isaiah Simmons OLB Clemson
3 72 Josh Jones OT Houston
4 114 Leki Fotu DT Utah
4 131 Rashard Lawrence DT LSU
6 202 Evan Weaver LB California
7 222 Eno Benjamin RB Arizona State
They have Christian Kirk and Andy Isabella waiting in the wings.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In case anyone was wondering, while Murray "lobbied the team to draft former Oklahoma teammate CeeDee Lamb at No. 8 in the draft" the Cardinals proceeded to completely avoid the heavy loaded WR draft class.

4 114 Leki Fotu DT Utah
They used their 2nd rounder on Hopkins. The WR class thinned out quite a bit by the time there 3rd came up. The WR draft didnt pan out the way some people thought, where you would be able to get a good WR late. Legit starting caliber prospects flew off the board early. 13 WR's came off the board before their 3rd round pick. 8 before their 2nd

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They used their 2nd rounder on Hopkins. The WR class thinned out quite a bit by the time there 3rd came up. The WR draft didnt pan out the way some people thought, where you would be able to get a good WR late. Legit starting caliber prospects flew off the board early. 13 WR's came off the board before their 3rd round pick. 8 before their 2nd
At that point in the draft I don’t even know if it made sense to draft a receiver. Would those guys be better than Kirk or Isabella that you get in the 3rd or 4th round?

RoboQB

Reaction score
I wish Murray was our quarterback. Still the best QB I've ever seen in Cowboys Stadium (Allen High School).

Best QB I've seen in Cowboys Stadium is Aaron Rodgers.
Damn, that hurts... lol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At that point in the draft I don’t even know if it made sense to draft a receiver. Would those guys be better than Kirk or Isabella that you get in the 3rd or 4th round?
Edwards maybe. I liked him. But most likely no.

Mims, Claypool and Hamler were probably the best they could have gotten in the 2nd and Mims is probably the only one Id take over those two

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

4 114 Leki Fotu DT Utah

They are pretty stocked at reciever:

Fitz
Hopkins
Kirk
Isabella
Hakeem Butler

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Fitz is 37 and if they trade Kirk, and who is Hakeem Butler?

It's not suddenly stacked at all.

And if Cooper tears his knee, Gallup catches COVID, and Lamb struggles as a rookie....et cetera, we suddenly wouldn’t be as stacked either.

What’s your point?

1. They have arguably the best receiver in the league in DeAndre Hopkins
2. They didn’t trade Kirk so the point is moot
3. Can’t help you if you don’t know who Hakeem Butler is