QB Option no 3 Andy Dalton

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you guarantee anything more than 9 wins? We already know Dak can get us 13 wins and a wild card victory.

Andy Dalton once made the playoffs 4 years in a row. If your going to pay guys for that they did in the past, might as well go cheap b/c this team isn't close to competing for a super bowl.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Andy Dalton once made the playoffs 4 years in a row. If your going to pay guys for that they did in the past, might as well go cheap b/c this team isn't close to competing for a super bowl.
I don't want Dalton for anything more than vet minimum. He sucks.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
We have 80 million cap space. That buys a lot of defense. You can win the NFC with a game managing QB and a stout defense. The Niners just did it.
Think Dalton would take a vet minimum contract? If not, just roll Rush out there and tell the defense to giddy up.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well they did for Carson Wentz but they got the first back by Trading Stafford I think his name was
Of course they also got a 1st rounder in return, which is what they used on Wentz, and of course, they didn't have to pay Wentz $35 million per year when they got him in that deal

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think Dalton would take a vet minimum contract? If not, just roll Rush out there and tell the defense to giddy up.

I am baffled Rush is still on an NFL roster. He wasn't a good college Qb or a highly rated Qb coming into the league. He's been pretty bad in the preseason. Lets say you could have Dalton for 12-15 million on a one year deal. He's a veteran Qb, local kid, whose been stuck on a bad Bengals team. Cincy is a tough place for anyone to have success.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I am baffled Rush is still on an NFL roster. He wasn't a good college Qb or a highly rated Qb coming into the league. He's been pretty bad in the preseason. Lets say you could have Dalton for 12-15 million on a one year deal. He's a veteran Qb, local kid, whose been stuck on a bad Bengals team. Cincy is a tough place for anyone to have success.
I just have a hard time paying Dalton 3-4 times for one year what he just paid Dak to play for 4 years. I'd rather draft another QB in the 4th round and pay them $500K.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Cincy is moving on since they have the 1st pick and will draft Burrow.

He will come cheap. Maybe even a 5th rd pick.

He has one year left on his contract at 17 mil.

He is 32 and fully healthy

Cincy has told him they would facilitate a trade to his liking.

He has had some very strong seasons on a team with less than stellar talent.

He played at TCU and probably likes it here .

As with all of these options it involves tagging Dak with the non-exclusive tag.

Dalton plus 2 1st's at 17 mil vs Dak at 35+ mil? NO BRAINER!
so what will Dalton get you? an average season. he has never ever won a playoff game. he is older. and are we looking to save 10 mill a year? or are we looking to win a championship. are we looking to waste the next few years of the young core we have and the coaching staff? if we sign Dalton, then might as well just unload everyone, tank like the dolphins did and go into a full rebuild mode.

:huh:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I would love to draft a QB. Thats my top option.

Yep..

I'd rather tank for a year then sign a guy like Dalton.

If we're going to go with a vet that is a potentially cheaper option then go try and get Carr, Stafford, Brady... Something like that.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep..

I'd rather tank for a year then sign a guy like Dalton.

If we're going to go with a vet that is a potentially cheaper option then go try and get Carr, Stafford, Brady... Something like that.

I'm assuming Jerry wouldn't pay any of those guys. Dalton comes much cheaper.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of course they also got a 1st rounder in return, which is what they used on Wentz, and of course, they didn't have to pay Wentz $35 million per year when they got him in that deal
I actually thought I said that. When they get there First round pick back by treating their backup quarterback.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The guy throws the ball slower than Joe Montana. And nowhere near as accurate. No thank you

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually thought I said that. When they get there First round pick back by treating their backup quarterback.
They never lost a 2016 first round pick to begin with. Cleveland and Philly just switched places in the first round.

sean10mm

Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how people here will talk about replacing Dak with guys who have every problem they complain about Dak having, only ten times worse.

"Dak can't get to the conference championship, he's a bum!"

*Andy Dalton loses 4 straight wild card games*

DALTON'S THE FRANCHISE SAVIOR!