QB options to bring in in FA to compete be a Back up to Dak

basel90

Reaction score
Of course Tom brady maybe available but i doubt he wants to play for jerry. He was available 2 years ago at 26 million when dak was adamant he is worth 42 mil ( 160 mil guaranteed SMH)!! we could have won a SB with brady instead of what we have.

Aaron rodgers ( cannot afford him with Dak's contract chocking all the cap space)

I can think of the following especially if Rush is gone
Jimmy Garopolo
Chade Henne
Baker Mayfield
Casey Keenum
Sam Darnold

diamonddelts

Reaction score
so for you , it is dak or bust , even if he gets injured as we have seen . i get it .
There will be a lack of post season success either way. It's just about what journey you want to take to get there.

cowboyec

Reaction score
from your list...jimmy g.
but i wonder if he goes to vegas to be with josh daniels.
sam darnold wouldn't be bad.
i just don't think the f/o will do it.
i figure rush is back and maybe they draft one...at some point.
but all things equal...i'd bring in jimmy g.

rambo2

Reaction score
Of course Tom brady maybe available but i doubt he wants to play for jerry. He was available 2 years ago at 26 million when dak was adamant he is worth 42 mil ( 160 mil guaranteed SMH)!! we could have won a SB with brady instead of what we have.

Aaron rodgers ( cannot afford him with Dak's contract chocking all the cap space)

Jimmy Garopolo
Chade Henne
Baker Mayfield
Casey Keenum
Sam Darnold
More like Will Grier and Cooper Rush.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
don't try to upgrade the quarterback position. what if we get a guy who gets us to the playoffs and chokes again? I rather stand pat with our choker, at least we know if he makes the playoffs he will lose the game for us again. No thanks, I don't want to take the chance.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't think Brady is coming to Dallas as a backup QB and they have too much cash tied up to the QB position to afford him as a starter. Same can be said about Jimmy G. I'd be up for drafting a QB in rd 1 or 2 but the likelihood of that happening is miniscule. Realistically, the players listed are viable options at QB2. Very few teams just have starting QBs just sitting on the bench.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Jimmy Garopolo
Chade Henne
Baker Mayfield
Casey Keenum
Sam Darnold
i would go for it

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I don't think Brady is coming to Dallas as a backup QB and they have too much cash tied up to the QB position to afford him as a starter. Same can be said about Jimmy G. I'd be up for drafting a QB in rd 1 or 2 but the likelihood of that happening is miniscule. Realistically, the players listed are viable options at QB2. Very few teams just have starting QBs just sitting on the bench.
Chade Henne- Decent in small doses
Baker Mayfield- boiling hot garbage
Case Keenum- small arm
Sam Darnold- Talent but a bust

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Jimmy Garopolo
Chade Henne
Baker Mayfield
Casey Keenum
Sam Darnold
none, except maybe grapolo. these guys won't be able to compete with Dak, because they all have similar flaws or worse.