QBs passing 50+ times were 1-16 last season

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No I dont crow about it but I understand why thats how it is...I am happy Dak can do it and understand its probably not what he likes when we are losing. Some here think for some reason that we are losing is because we "pass to much" no we are passing too much because we cant stop a highscholl team on defense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zuerlin missed 2 FG’s and an extra point. That’s why the Cowboys lost.

:facepalm::huh:
umm stop saying two

it was one fg and an xp but hat not the only one.

you cant count the 60yarder come on man that's like a 70yard hail mary INT was that really and iNT on the last play of the game heave? .....be real stop exaggerating. Yes Greg should have got the 31 and xp..however if he makes those TB changes their goals from needing to push for for tds its not the sole reason we lost our defense gave up a chit ton of yards and too many easy scores Brow to brown was great was it?)..our offense didnt so well in the RZ and kicked too many FGS how about those beans...?? drop pass tip to INT from ceedee another drop by CEDEE a short pass to ceedee worm burner pass..you think none of those other plays led to loss?

get real keep it real it was far more then Greg that we lost this game..was about 10 plays along with some no calls by the refs ie helmet toss and OPI I believe regardless of those 4 points greg missed we still lose..its al the other plays that could have made it 10 ppoint game and no chance at the end for TB to try and win..we should have won by 10 but circumstances combines led to all they needed was FG to win..

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I will have to check but I dont think he played 5 division games last..Seattle and Atlanta take 2 of the 5 he played at quick memory.

He was knocked out in the 1st loss to wash. He was out for the philly and Steelers games completely. He was there when we lost to wash again and then the Giants beat us. He won the 1st Giants game and 2nd philly game.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He was knocked out in the 1st loss to wash. He was out for the philly and Steelers games completely. He was there when we lost to wash again and then the Giants beat us. He won the 1st Giants game and 2nd philly game.

Your talking about Dalton..ok, I thought you meant Dak.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak is the only QB in NFL history that can notch 400 yards passing, throwing over 50 times a game. I mean it obviously has nothing to do with the quantity he is throwing at….

Facts are, Dak threw for a whopping 4.7 YPC in the fourth down by 7, with a 61% completion rate, with 0 TDs and 1 INT last year, meaning when they defenses tightened up and it actually mattered. So blame the rest of the team all you want, but if Dak could actually throw consistently against tight defenses and not in garbage time, we probably would have won, even if he threw 50 plus times a game.

Of course the team is only going to throw that much, when the opposing defenses gives you those looks to actually throw. It’s not necessarily that the RG is not working, it’s because the defense is selling out to stop the run, so we by and large throw that much.

Last edited:

KB1122

Reaction score
A related question: When was the last time that a Cowboys quarterback threw for 400 yards and won the game?

khiladi

Reaction score
But but but one of Dak's biggest guarantees is his RedZone performance.
You can pretty much guarantee the Field Goal kicker will be coming on.....:(

Dallas literally goes SPREAD in the red zone and defenses simply spy Dak now. Dak isn’t nor has he ever been good at anticipating WRs. He’s basically a one-read man coverage QB.

terra

Reaction score
Mouth-breathers like you were ripping Dak even when he went 13-3 as a rookie.

Don’t hurt yourself trying to understand this sport.
and then there are the mouth breathers that slobber all over Dak's stats and ignore the lost games

Nav22

Reaction score
and then there are the mouth breathers that slobber all over Dak's stats and ignore the lost games
42-28 as a starter, with terrific stats.

Who’s ignoring what now, Mouth-Breather?
:lmao2: