Twitter: QBs ranked in pure passing situations

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
More proof the problem with this team is on the other side of the ball.

Defense was above average in 17 and 19 and top 10 in 18.

Daks best defenses and olines are probably behind him now.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak has never been the problem, but QB is the easiest scapegoat, especially among fans desperate to find one.

The Cowboys' shortcomings run deeper than the QB, as they did with Romo, but those changes aren't coming.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Surprised Wilson isn’t higher.

Wilson is best on play action and outside the pocket, the situations where his elite deep ball can kill defenses.

One of the NFL's dirty little secrets is that Wilson statistically just above average on pocket throws in obvious passing situations. The way to stop him is stop the run, get him in obvious passing situations then have your pass rushers maintain edge contain.

Haimerej

Reaction score
"Lamar Jackson is an elite passer."

Yes. I know whenever an opposing team plays Baltimore they're thinking- how do we stop this passing attack?

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, Dak is good . . . really good. But what jumps out at me is how much higher Mahomes ranked above everyone else . . . more than twice as good as the #2 guy (Jackson).

I'm still glad we have Dak.

And A. Rogers was the MVP ... Ha ! He ain't no Mahomes !

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has never been the problem, but QB is the easiest scapegoat, especially among fans desperate to find one.

The Cowboys' shortcomings run deeper than the QB, as they did with Romo, but those changes aren't coming.
Agreed.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I feel like Dak, Mahomes, Rodgers, and Jackson being so high gets helped by the fact that the defense still has to respect their mobility. Even if it is a "pure passing situation" you know the defense is still taking that into account.

When your QB is mobile it just add that much more pressure to defense.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Excellent post Jake