question about MB 3

Tex

Reaction score
Everyone says he isnt big enough to be an every down back.

6 foot 220 lbs?

Isn't that close to what Emitt Smith played at? I mean within an inch and a couple pounds?

Tex

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Tex;1659503 said:
Everyone says he isnt big enough to be an every down back.

6 foot 220 lbs?

Isn't that close to what Emitt Smith played at? I mean within an inch and a couple pounds?

Tex

Size wise Barber is big enough I think if Barber was put in a position where he was forced to take on the majority of the load he could do it.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
It isn't that he isn't big enough. That's not the reason.

The reason is the way he plays. He plays every run like he is running through a brick wall. It's one thing to do that 15 times a game. The body takes a beating, but not too much of one.

But if you start doing that 30 times a game, his body won't hold up to that abuse. There is a reason that runners who play like that don't have the longest career.

Look at Earl Campbell. That's the way he ran, and he had a dramatically shorter career than other great runners.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
I don't think it is a matter of size - more of running style.

He is a bruising runner, but in being so, he takes a lot of punishment.

I believe that Wade is very sensitive to this, because of the aftermath of Earl Campbell's short career (I'm not putting the Barbarian on the same plane as Earl, mind you - just saying that I can see where Wade would be very aware of a bruising runner's tendency to wear down, and have permanent damage).

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
cobra;1659521 said:
It isn't that he isn't big enough. That's not the reason.

The reason is the way he plays. He plays every run like he is running through a brick wall. It's one thing to do that 15 times a game. The body takes a beating, but not too much of one.

But if you start doing that 30 times a game, his body won't hold up to that abuse. There is a reason that runners who play like that don't have the longest career.

Look at Earl Campbell. That's the way he ran, and he had a dramatically shorter career than other great runners.

Great minds ... ;)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Actually, I disagree that he tries to bull through on every play. Their are plenty of plays where he jukes and tries to avoid the defender, it's just that when the defender finally gets to him, he's not just going to go down, you have to TAKE him down.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
More than that, Earl isn't very well physically with the beating he got in the nfl.