Question About OC Position, Jerry's Comment Makes No Sense

pansophy

Reaction score
Jerry commented that he "liked what we have internally" when it comes to the OC position. Ok, well that begs the question....

If the guys we have on staff are much better than Linehan was at OC, why was a change not made during the season? Why was Linehan kept as OC if the people currently on staff are so much better than he was? Shouldn't a change have been made during the season and these offensive gurus we have on staff take over and really improve the offense?

This is why we have not won jack in over 20 years fellas, there is no actual plan in place to implement and they just kinda go from one idea to the next without having any strategy or reasoning behind their decisions.
You don't change the OC during the middle of the season when you still hope to make the playoffs.

All these comments mean to me is that there is still an OC candidate on the Rams most likely we like. We can't talk to him now, I believe, so if that falls through we probably stick to internal guys.

Hence, "we like our guys" but "no decision is imminent". Anything else and we would have just announced the internal person already.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They’re just winging it. They weren’t even sure they’d fire Linehan until Garrett said they weren’t and everyone erupted which led to Jerry firing him. Lol

It is what it is and why we shouldn’t take it too seriously with our dysfunctional organization. Normal solutions don’t apply.

Good point...……...Clappy was welcoming Scotty back with open arms until he got corrected by his daddy.

Trust me, I dont take anything with this organization seriously anymore. You cant tell me you are serious about winning and still have Clappy wearing a headset.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry probably holds the Guinness book of world records for number of times using the word “uh” in a sentence. I can’t remember the last time when I listened to Jerry and didn’t think, “that makes no sense”.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
JJ was a code writer for WW1 and WW2 dont try to figure him out, hes to good.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry likes to talk when there is a microphone nearby.

What he says tends to be heavily dependent on how much Johnnie Walker Blue that he has had at that point that day...

There were noticeable changes during the season. It started right around the time that the win streak started. They were doing things that were not common to either Linehan's or Garrett's past style.

That final game against the Giants appeared to be completely different than the past Linehan/Garrett tendencies.
Ok, I'll play (not being sarcastic), what or who drove these changes?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry probably holds the Guinness book of world records for number of times using the word “uh” in a sentence. I can’t remember the last time when I listened to Jerry and didn’t think, “that makes no sense”.
Personally, I think Jerry is a Beautiful Mind kind of genius - borderline senile with a touch of river boat gambler thrown in for good measure.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Many teams have fired their OC during the season...…….see Vikings...……...or stripped them of play calling duties.

Anyone who has followed the game understands this.

Might want to re-read my post focusing on the terms "reason" and "rare." Nothing in this reply that actually stands in opposition to what I said.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Old boy talks nonsense alla time. You know this.
I can't imagine what he sings in the shower.

There's a sucker born every minute. "There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase closely associated with P. T. Barnum, an American showman of the mid-19th century, although there is no evidence he in fact said it.

rags747

Reaction score
Jerry commented that he "liked what we have internally" when it comes to the OC position. Ok, well that begs the question....

If the guys we have on staff are much better than Linehan was at OC, why was a change not made during the season? Why was Linehan kept as OC if the people currently on staff are so much better than he was? Shouldn't a change have been made during the season and these offensive gurus we have on staff take over and really improve the offense?

This is why we have not won jack in over 20 years fellas, there is no actual plan in place to implement and they just kinda go from one idea to the next without having any strategy or reasoning behind their decisions.
Stop trying to circumcise a mosquito...