Question about Texas Stadium rules...

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
CAMERAS: You may bring a small, still shot camera to Texas Stadium. However, video cameras and cameras with extended or zoom lenses are not allowed at Texas Stadium.

I saw this on the Fan Info page for the stadium. How strict are they on this? I'd like to bring the camera with the zoom lense, but don't want to have to take it back to the hotel if we can't get in. Also, I think I heard they are doing pat-down searches this year. Can anyone that attended a pre-season game comment on how thorough they were?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I've been to dozens of games over the years... some with camera... some without...

Not once have they ever checked or checked for a camera in my particular case...

nateb40

Reaction score
They are doing pat downs basically checking for weapons. I would say that any camera that is more for professional photographers is illegal. I have never seen anybody busted for this.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I've never tried it at Texas Stadium, but they had the same rule at the Alamodome for training camp. I had to sneak my zoom lens in, or they would have confiscated it... There was a collection of ones already taken for people to pick up on their way out.

It stinks, doesn't it? :(

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Just walk in with a camcorder around your neck and say loudly "I plan on rebroadcasting this event WITHOUT the express written consent of the NFL". Then sneak a zoom lens into your back pocket.

I bet they don't notice the zoom lens.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
junk said:
Just walk in with a camcorder around your neck and say loudly "I plan on rebroadcasting this event WITHOUT the express written consent of the NFL". Then sneak a zoom lens into your back pocket.

:lmao: :lmao2:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
junk said:

Funny you say that... last time I went to the game they asked if I was smuggling a zoom lens in my front pocket... :eek:

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Funny you say that... last time I went to the game they asked if I was smuggling a zoom lens in my front pocket... :eek:

Really? Because the way I heard the story was they patted you down and asked if you had a 3/4 eaten roll of lifesavers in your front pocket.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
trickblue said:

Tsk... Tsk.. such High school humor from Octogenarian :p:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
junk said:
Really? Because the way I heard the story was they patted you down and asked if you had a 3/4 eaten roll of lifesavers in your front pocket.

... and a Tootsie roll in the back !

1fisher

Reaction score
junk said:

I went to a game several years ago and had my camera with 300mm zoom lens around my neck. The sorry suckers at the gate checked my camera bag and took my $3 bag of peanuts!!!! They wouldn't let me take them in the stadium.... later I found out they were selling a bag of 25 peanuts for $3.75!!!! The dude told me I could come and eat them anytime during the game but it would have to be outside the stadium!!!!!

Kilyin

Reaction score
Put the zoom lens in your crotch area. If they check there, you weren't meant to take a picture.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I'm really hoping they are a little relaxed on this issue next Monday night due to the importance of the night. Pictures of the game are the least of my concern. I'm more interested in getting pictures of the ROH ceremony.

We ran into this issue at the Superdome last year and they wouldn't let us in. We just kept going around the stadium until we found a gate worker that let us through.

I'll probably just smuggle it in on my son or nephew. My guess is they won't frisk an 11 year old too much.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
trickblue said:

Did you tell them, "No, I'm just happy to see you"?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
In all seriousness though, I'm glad this subject was brought up. I've been saving my pennies and plan on buying a Canon EOS 20D pretty soon and want to take pictures when I go to the Dec. 11 game vs the Chiefs. I hope they don't screw me over and not let me take the camera in.

1fisher

Reaction score
Rack said:
In all seriousness though, I'm glad this subject was brought up. I've been saving my pennies and plan on buying a Canon EOS 20D pretty soon and want to take pictures when I go to the Dec. 11 game vs the Chiefs. I hope they don't screw me over and not let me take the camera in.

You should be fine with that camera..... I carried in a Minolta with a 300mm zoom lens!