Question about the Defense

doomsday81

Reaction score
I was with my team today so I taped the Dallas game and just finished watching the whole thing. Even with all the T.O. stuff, the questions about the O-line and the quarterback concerns, there was one thing I was pretty sure of: The Cowboys would have a fast, aggressive defense. I thought this defense was going to be lightning quick and all over the place. My question is: where is it? I know we can blame Bledsoe and he did miss a lot of open receivers but the defense looked slow to me. Bradie James can't get to the outside to save his life and I don't see any speed coming off the edge. Basically, if you get Ware blocked, nothing happens. Did anyone else notice this? Perhaps they're still adjusting to things but they look surprisingly slow to me for some reason.

Also, please don't make this a thread about "It's only one game." I'm not saying the season is over, I just thought the Cowboys would have the baddest defense in the NFL this year and I didn't see the speed and playmaking ability on the field that I expected to see when I sat down to watch the game.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Dont know. I was thinking the same thing. I thought Ware had worked on some more moves in the off season. He has the same 2 moves he had last year. A bull rush which he'll occasionally get in the QB's face. The speed rush which if a lineman gets his hands on him he just pushes him past the QB. No spin move. No move the inside. Nothing.

icyhot

Reaction score
Can't blame D Ware he was all over the field. He was one of the shining stars on defense

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I always loved the bring the house blitzes. Havent seen any of those this year. We just dont get enough of a rush with 4. The D-line wore out as the game progressed and once that happened, they had alot of time to pick apart the secondary.

ljs44

Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
I was with my team today so I taped the Dallas game and just finished watching the whole thing. Even with all the T.O. stuff, the questions about the O-line and the quarterback concerns, there was one thing I was pretty sure of: The Cowboys would have a fast, aggressive defense. I thought this defense was going to be lightning quick and all over the place. My question is: where is it? I know we can blame Bledsoe and he did miss a lot of open receivers but the defense looked slow to me. Bradie James can't get to the outside to save his life and I don't see any speed coming off the edge. Basically, if you get Ware blocked, nothing happens. Did anyone else notice this? Perhaps they're still adjusting to things but they look surprisingly slow to me for some reason.

Also, please don't make this a thread about "It's only one game." I'm not saying the season is over, I just thought the Cowboys would have the baddest defense in the NFL this year and I didn't see the speed and playmaking ability on the field that I expected to see when I sat down to watch the game.

I think it had something to do with the weather. humid and raining. I think the D will be fine, it was a bad day for everyone, and i do think the conditions had a factor in it.