Question about Wildblue wireless internet

jimmy40

Reaction score
After moving to the country I got Wildblue wireless internet service and I cannot run a wireless router with it without my computers locking up and then having to unplug and replug the damn router all the time. Is this a problem with all wireless internet service? Will a wired router solve my problem?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40;1423623 said:
After moving to the country I got Wildblue wireless internet service and I cannot run a wireless router with it without my computers locking up and then having to unplug and replug the damn router all the time. Is this a problem with all wireless internet service? Will a wired router solve my problem?

Check with Iceberg, I think it was him.

I think we had a similar thread (may not have been wildblue) but someone was having trouble with their wireless and I think it came down to some settings that needed adjusted.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
are you using a laptop or a desktop to use the wireless? Is your Wireless a gateway or a router? (gateways are all in one, Modem/wireless hub/ej-45 jacks and such)

jimmy40

Reaction score
the kid 05;1423874 said:
are you using a laptop or a desktop to use the wireless? Is your Wireless a gateway or a router? (gateways are all in one, Modem/wireless hub/ej-45 jacks and such)
Now remember kid, you're talking to a computer using idiot or an idiot using a computer.:blind: I'm was going from the Wildblue modem to the wireless router and to the desktops. I was wanting to add a laptop also but I haven't bought one because of these problems. I had to quit using the router because it just wasn't worth the trouble.
My kids are squeezing me out of my zone time with only one computer in the house.

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
What kind of router is it? I have a netgear wired router that I have to occasionally do this to. Also my Motorola cable modem... you may need to upgrade the firmware, tweak some settings, or replace it.

Have a read here

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
The company I work for is one the largest WildBlue dealers in the country and I've never heard of that being a problem.

I have WildBlue and I run a Linksys router. Never had any issues other than the router gets a tad hot at times.

I have also set up wireless access for several friends with WildBlue with no issues. Your problem likely lies with your router. If that's not it, ask them to replace your WildBlue modem.

Who is your WildBlue dealer?