Question: Do you still wonder about Romo?

parchy

Reaction score
Yes, he did plenty to lead us to the win, and I still consider my sexuality "Romosexual" and I still consider my religion "Romoism with a touch of Wittenanity," but do you wonder? About the safety, and about the pass protection that he's not been afforded? About the interceptions to key teams? And about the non-chemistry that he has with #11? And about all this stuff with TO that probabaly won't go away?

I still think the guy has enough juice to lead us to a Super Bowl win. I still think that the drama that's gone on around him would be 1,000x worse had he been any dumber or more eager to be a prime timer. I still think he was none to blame for the playoff loss in Seattle in 06 and the January 08 loss to the Gints.

But do you ever wonder? For a second? Whether all the stuff that's gone on would be worse if... he was just, I dunno, better? Roethlisberger and Eli both have SBs. Is it Romo's turn? Is that what this game was?

Ugh. I just hope we make the playoffs. What do you say?

Daudr

Reaction score
Romo is exactly what he's always been. A dynamic, excellent quarterback who will at times push too hard and try to do too much. He's a "safer" version of Brett Favre. He's going to win a lot more games for you with his play than he loses, but he will lose some.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
There isn't a QB in the NFL I would take over Romo. I do not wonder.

He's going to have his Favre-like games, but Favre did win a Super Bowl. :D Romo will too.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Daudr;2495202 said:
Romo is exactly what he's always been. A dynamic, excellent quarterback who will at times push too hard and try to do too much. He's a "safer" version of Brett Favre. He's going to win a lot more games for you with his play than he loses, but he will lose some.

Exactly what I was trying to say, but you said it better.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I think Romo does fine managing the media and their fixation with locker room soap opera.

As far as the important goes, Romo was under heavy pressure last night. If it weren't for his mobility, the Cowboys would have been toast. How many times would a Bledsoe have been sacked with such pressure / poor pass protection?

Romo's legs had a lot to do with that TD pass to Crayton.

Given the pressure and the beating he took, I think it is understandable that Romo had some occasional issues with accuracy.

And Romo didn't turn it over. Which was huge, especially for him.

I don't think we can count that safety against him. He didn't have a chance. Proctor is still in his stance, by the way (yeah, I know, it was an early snap, but still ...)

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Oh I absolutely wonder. But that doesn't mean I don't want him on my team.

There isn't a player without a fault. And it's not like he's been plugging away for a decade to no avail with regards to winning a playoff game.

We've seen the dark side. We've seen Quincy, Hutch, Leaf, Stoerner, Wright, Cunningham ... shudder ... Brad Johnson. There's no bone in me that wants to release Romo because he hasn't won a playoff game in two tries. In my eyes, it's a much safer bet to see him through and take the risk that he can lead us to a Super Bowl, than to take the risk of starting over. It's not even close.

I maintain Romo might be on the verge of becoming the greatest quarterback ever from September through November. Tonight, he finally looked like that Romo in a big-time December game. A few more of these, and I'll be less concerned.

Long story short: He still has to get a winning record in December. He still needs a playoff win. Eventually, he'll need a Super Bowl win. And then another. It's a never-ending process, one he's just begun. Am I concerned he's a playoff choker? Sure, since in two tries he failed. But I am confident someday, whether that's this year or not, he can reverse that trend. He's too good from September through November not to.

burmafrd

Reaction score
He needs to play well for the rest of the year to get that monkey off his back; and realistically it will not happen untill he wins a ring.
BUT I do feel better about him now then before.

willia451

Reaction score
Romo did what he had to do to give us a chance to win the game last night. No turnovers. Throw the ball away or take the sack if its not there.

The story of the last five games has been the defense. Only 6 points vs. the Giants. I mean, WOW!!!!

Don't get me wrong. Romo is THE MAN in my mind. He just make everyone around him, better. Including the defense.

But the defense that we need to have a legit shot at winning championships has finally arrived. And the rest of the NFL better WATCH OUT!!!

Go Cowboys!!!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
player i wonder about it gurode, he kills us in critical situations

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Deion apparently still doubts, LOL. But nothing's going to sway him.

With three virtually untouched Giants converging on Romo in about 1.2 seconds after the snap, Deion's NFL.com broadcast commentary is "throw it away!"

Uh, Deion, in the pocket that is what they call, "GROUNDING" This ain't the 90's anymore, dipweed-Deion. Do you think you can get off your cel phone long enough to learn the NFL rules. LMAO at such a moron.

If Romo had tried to throw he still would have got crushed AND exposed his arms, ribs and head to THREE free rushers for nothing but a penalty.

What does Deion say about his little homo buddy's drop. Uh, yeah. Nada.

Well but Deion hated all-pro and teammate Troy Aikman, so you kind of see his issues.

Well you just have to laugh transparent petty prejudices.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe, Gurode caused that safety but I'm not jumping on that man one bit.

He's very possibly our most consistently good lineman.

Ender

Reaction score
parchy;2495201 said:
Yes, he did plenty to lead us to the win, and I still consider my sexuality "Romosexual" and I still consider my religion "Romoism with a touch of Wittenanity," but do you wonder? About the safety, and about the pass protection that he's not been afforded? About the interceptions to key teams? And about the non-chemistry that he has with #11? And about all this stuff with TO that probabaly won't go away?

I still think the guy has enough juice to lead us to a Super Bowl win. I still think that the drama that's gone on around him would be 1,000x worse had he been any dumber or more eager to be a prime timer. I still think he was none to blame for the playoff loss in Seattle in 06 and the January 08 loss to the Gints.

But do you ever wonder? For a second? Whether all the stuff that's gone on would be worse if... he was just, I dunno, better? Roethlisberger and Eli both have SBs. Is it Romo's turn? Is that what this game was?

Ugh. I just hope we make the playoffs. What do you say?

Shut up

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I love Romo.
Always have.

I would have liked to see him connect more yesterday. He missed more than a few throws.

Make smarter decisions more consistently. Sometimes you gotta manage the game just to win. He wont always be able to win it and it may cost us.

Temo

Reaction score
YoMick;2495268 said:
I love Romo.
Always have.

I would have liked to see him connect more yesterday. He missed more than a few throws.

Make smarter decisions more consistently. Sometimes you gotta manage the game just to win. He wont always be able to win it and it may cost us.

It's not an oprah week!

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2495255 said:
I never wavered on him.

Never.

+1 I wonder how many QBs would have came back in the game last night, the man is one tough SOB.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2495306 said:
Much. Much, Much better.:bow:

Gracias.

Aren't you glad they won... I wouldnt have been around to debunk ALL of your HEAVY AGENDA-driven posts. :p:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Before the kickoff, Romo was being interviewed on the sidelines. He told the lady that he is excited to see this team play. He said that the Cowboys were ready to go. Boy was he ever right!

The Cowboys were lights out. Especially on defense. Our defense dismantled the Giants and Romo hung tough all night long while being pressured 98% of the time.