Question for Adam or anyone who can answer

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I got into it with a Steeler fan over the call at the end of the game yesterday.

I was informed the NFL had video in New York that CBS didn't have which showed the ball was clearly over the plane.

Question, when the ref goes to video review, does he make the call under the hood himself or are there others in a warroom or wherever who make the decision as they do in the NHL (in the NHL, the ref just relays the decision others make)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It's not the ball and there is no plane. The entire player including the ball must be forward of the LOS for it to be called. The ball was not over and clearly Tony wasn't completely over it.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
jobberone;2497093 said:
It's not the ball and there is no plane. The entire player including the ball must be forward of the LOS for it to be called. The ball was not over and clearly Tony wasn't completely over it.

Um, wrong play, I was referring to the one in the Steeler game, not the Romo call, it was clear Romo wasn't over.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
jobberone;2497093 said:

lol....try again

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The ref makes the call and he can only see the same shots that they broadcast from what I remember correctly.

I don't think it was a td but I also don't think it would matter. They would have gone for it on 4th down and probably got it even if they didn't.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sorry I've been thinking about this game so much I'm in a zone. Yeah, I don't think they should have overturned the call and you never know what will happen on a play from the one. Washington turned it over yesterday in that situation.

Daudr

Reaction score
The ref makes the call by himself and he only has access to video that is fed from the broadcaster. They have a HDTV under the hood and it is my understanding that he can pull up whichever angles are available and view them at any time while he is under the hood.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The refs have the same shots CBS does. The NFL does not have any secretly placed cameras.

I have no idea why they reversed that call. There is NOT indisputable evidence that the ball broke the goal line.

seniorette

Reaction score
I don't know about asking "Adam", clearly the men don't know anything about football. Maybe you should ask "Eve"........