question for everyone 40 and over

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
isn't it great what we are witnessing here?

the highs....the lows.... and everything else in between.

i've been devout since 1975 and can honestly say...

other than the 1977 team:

this is the best team we have fielded.

:starspin

if we get home field advantage in the playoffs.............we will kick the patriot's butt in the superbowl.

Novacek84

Reaction score
lane;1759131 said:

if we get home field advantage in the playoffs.............we will kick the patriot's butt in the superbowl.

Gotta disagree here. The '92 and '93 teams were better in a big way. The hall of fame triplets, dominating D and very few penalties for starters. Plus Jimmy is better than Wade and if there is no free agency who knows how many SB's that team would have won.

Bizwah

Reaction score
lane;1759131 said:

No.

The 92-93 teams would kick the living crap out of this year's Patriot team. No way they give up 40+ points.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Landry and the Staff from the 70s are MUCH better then what we have now.
And we have some all time players from the D that were much better in the 70s and some from the O in the 90s who were much better.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
lane;1759131 said:

This is the best team in a while, but this team would be crushed by the early 90's teams. That's not a knock, just a fact...

Novacek84;1759143 said:
Gotta disagree here. The '92 and '93 teams were better in a big way. The hall of fame triplets, dominating D and very few penalties for starters. Plus Jimmy is better than Wade and if there is no free agency who knows how many SB's that team would have won.

Without a doubt, although I think Romo could eclipse Troy at some point...

Bizwah;1759149 said:
No.

The 92-93 teams would kick the living crap out of this year's Patriot team. No way they give up 40+ points.

Yes... YES... YES... did I say yes?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
lane;1759131 said:

I'm as excited as anyone, but right now its way early to say this team is better than the 4 teams that won super bowls (77, 92, 93 &95)...we can be really good, but we arnt there yet...we dont run the ball as well as any of those teams did, and defensively those teams were better than this one

I started watching the Cowboys the same yr you did, but I cant say right now that this team is better than some of those great championship teams

David

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This year's defense needs to tighten up a little before I start comparing it to the all-time great Cowboy teams.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
it is great what this team is doing.
BUT......they haven't done anything that counts..YET.
i am expecting greater things from this bunch, but we are only 9 games
into a season.
i will just reserve my judgment a little longer but I am Loving it so far !!

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't think this team is as good as some of our not Championship teams.

But what I do love is the fact that when I tune in to watch a game, I do so EXPECTING a win, and not hoping for one. It's been a long time since I could say that.

No more being happy with moral victories, or defending my team to others.

One thing though is that this message board has become a little boring with all this winning.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
I'll take this over '89 and '01 any day.

No matter what, we still have a very good team.

ultra5

Reaction score
lane;1759131 said:

surely you can't be serious?

let it be said that the 92 and 93 teams would straight up school the tapriots...

Undisputed

Reaction score
Question for those 25 and under:

Anyone else having the greatest time watching sports that they have ever had?

:star::lmao::starspin

Romo is our Roger the Dodger!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm only 37 but I've been a Cowboys fan since 1975 when I was 5 years old, and cried as a kid when we lost, bi**hed as an adult when we lost, cheered for super bowls in the 70s, cried thru the 80s, cheered thru the 90s, and now I'm back to being a happy camper.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
this is the best team (except maybe the '77 team that beat the orange crush) in regard having no doubt about our ability to come back and be in the game.

with the dynasty we steamrolled bad teams and troy had no ability to improvise or comeback. if it were raining we'd here troy whining and excuses.

even with the "triplets" we probalby would have lost to the steelers if not for boneheaded picks to larry brown (be honest guys the MVP of that superbowl for our team was the PITT qb).

either way this is the most FUN cowboy team i've ever watched.

lane;1759131 said:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
chinch;1759434 said:
even with the "triplets" we probalby would have lost to the steelers if not for boneheaded picks to larry brown (be honest guys the MVP of that superbowl for our team was the PITT qb).

sorry, dont agree

O'Donnell threw a couple of bad picks, but they werent returned for TD's...their defense didnt keep us from socring did they? and they gained some yds passing, but almost all of it was dink and dunk 3-4-5 yd passes and we had pressure on him virtually all the game

and the officiating in that game was atrocious, as is the case anytime the Steelers get there

David

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
It's funny...

When I was in college, Sunday afternoons were earmarked for Cowboys football...

On Sunday afternoon no one was at the pool... you could count on everyone watching the game...

It's just the way it was...

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
dbair1967;1759215 said:
I'm as excited as anyone, but right now its way early to say this team is better than the 4 teams that won super bowls (77, 92, 93 &95)...we can be really good, but we aren't there yet...we don't run the ball as well as any of those teams did, and defensively those teams were better than this one

I started watching the Cowboys the same yr you did, but I cant say right now that this team is better than some of those great championship teams

David

Uhm David the Cowboys won 5 Super Bowls and lost 3. I like this team of ours now but so far they have not done anything so far. My favorite team as far as an awesome performance was the 93 team. I saw the 70s teams and loved them all but 93 was domination.

In 75 they became the only team to win the big one as a wild card team. The 71 loss to Baltimore made me cry. The win ln 72 over Miami was the one that put paid to Dallas couldn't win the big one. The 76 and 79 loses to the steelers was only partially lessened by the win over them in 96.

I have watched the Boys since the mid 60s. In the 70s they set a standard as far as I am concerned. 5 SBs in a decade. The 90s as good as it was also made me wonder how many more they could have won with out the big egos at the top.

Now we are past half way in the aughts, I would like to see them go all the way at least once this decade. It's about time.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;1759431 said:
Damn. I hate being eligible for this thread.

Funny I was just thinking how much I like this thread since I'm not.;)

Dont want to think about / worry about this team as it compares to past great Cowboy teams.

Its been so so long for us since we could cheer on a legit SB contender. Just want to soak in the glory and joy of this run. Let it lead where it may and start the historic comparisons on Feb 4th .........I hope!