Question for Garrett Supporters

romothesavior

Reaction score
Serious question: at what point will you decide you've seen enough?

How many more .500 seasons do you need to see?

How many more second half meltdowns--where the other coaching staff clearly makes adjustments at the half and outcoaches our staff to a victory--will it take for you?

How many more losses caused by late-game coaching blunders will make you say this staff needs to go?

Will our fan base still be okay with this in 5 years? 10 years? Will there ever be a point when we can collectively agree that "the process" isn't working?

I'm not mad at anyone here. Not calling anyone out. I am just genuinely curious what it might take.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How many more second half meltdowns--where the other coaching staff clearly makes adjustments at the half and outcoaches our staff to a victory--will it take for you?

How many more losses caused by late-game coaching blunders will make you say this staff needs to go?

Will our fan base still be okay with this in 5 years? 10 years? Will there ever be a point when we can collectively agree that "the process" isn't working?

I'm not mad at anyone here. Not calling anyone out. I am just genuinely curious what it might take.
When Jerry completely gives control to Stephen.

I don't want Jerry picking another Head Coach. It could get worse than Garrett.

Also, top HCs don't want to work for Jerry.

fifaguy

Reaction score
I assume by the deafening silence there are no more Garrett supporters left..?

*crickets*

waving monkey

Reaction score
When the end of Garrett's contract comes and he has done no advancement deeper in the play offs.
Then I'm open. Until then Go Garrett.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I was so exited when Jerry fired Wade but then came Garrett. No telling what kind of a coach we get next. Probably a mediocre one. America's Team deserves a great coach.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You should have titled it Question to Idgit. LOL

Macnalty

Reaction score
Who do you want to replace him, in the past it has been about Sean Payton and how we lost out... He is not Jimmy Johnson and never will be and there are multiple ways to win, Jerry in case you might have missed it is a handful...this is something every NFL team that does not win the super bowl grouses about after a losing streak. I do not think he is perfect but I see many others that I would not want and are coaching in the NFC east.

diefree666

Reaction score
The real problem is Jerry. No established coach who has won will work for him. BP was money whipped and wanted another challenge; but after the reaction we have seen from Jerry afterwards he will NEVER hire anyone that tough and independent again.

Sean Payton? might be the only real possibility but its not like that guy is a wonder coach. What has he done the last 5 years or so? Now maybe its not all his fault but he still carries at least part of the can.

He is about the only established coach that MIGHT be considered by Jerry and make no mistake this will be Jerry's decision until he takes the final dirt nap.

Sadly like others have mentioned Jerry could do worse then garrett; he already has at least twice (Campo and Wade) and certainly one must mention Switzer.

BUT yes I would like to see Redball gone; his so called learning process wasted most of Romo's best years and could do the same with Dak. Problem is this Red Ball is as good as it gets.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The real problem is Jerry. No established coach who has won will work for him. BP was money whipped and wanted another challenge; but after the reaction we have seen from Jerry afterwards he will NEVER hire anyone that tough and independent again.

Sean Payton? might be the only real possibility but its not like that guy is a wonder coach. What has he done the last 5 years or so? Now maybe its not all his fault but he still carries at least part of the can.

He is about the only established coach that MIGHT be considered by Jerry and make no mistake this will be Jerry's decision until he takes the final dirt nap.

Sadly like others have mentioned Jerry could do worse then garrett; he already has at least twice (Campo and Wade) and certainly one must mention Switzer.

BUT yes I would like to see Redball gone; his so called learning process wasted most of Romo's best years and could do the same with Dak. Problem is this Red Ball is as good as it gets.
I like Peyton but his defenses have been so bad for so long I don't know if he could even help us.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody see our good friend Idgit??:).

I just saw the thread here.

We're coming off a 13-3 season. We've played 5 games in this one, and have five division games to play. I'm not remotely close to giving up on the coaches or the season just because somebody wants to start another butthurt callout thread on the same topic we've debated for seven years around here.

When the team stops getting better and deeper, and when it shows signs of quitting on him, then he has to go. Pretty much like any other coach. But not because fans are mad at a play call the don't like it think they're entitled to NFCCGs just because they're "Cowboys fans."

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Makes no difference really.

Unless you are willing to quit watching the Cowboys all together and only come back after a new coach is hired.
Or If you decided you are tired of Garrett and the Cowboys and quit watching football all together.
Or you decide to start following another team.

Good luck to you if you decide to take one of those options.

But if you are a Cowboys fan through the good and bad...you will stick around and hope the next coach is the right coach.

I myself only questioned myself once about the idea of no longer following the cowboys and or football at all...and that was when a certain player was a FA and I wanted nothing
at all to do with said player and there was the remotest of remote chances that Dllas might bring that player in (never heard they were interested)

Not going to name the player but I know that if they did bring him on the team...I was will to have a serious talk with myself and wether I would continual on being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys while that plyaer was here...again it never happened so I was thankful for that.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score

Coaches and Jerry is not a good combo. When Jerry is done then id be more open minded to the idea.

Sydla

Reaction score
Coaches and Jerry is not a good combo. When Jerry is done then id be more open minded to the idea.

So.......... continue with a coach who probably isn't that good instead of at least trying another coach all because you want Jerry gone first?

Basically, let's keep Garrett and go through this vicious cycle and hope Jerry dies or retires?

Sydla

Reaction score
I just saw the thread here.

We're coming off a 13-3 season. We've played 5 games in this one, and have five division games to play. I'm not remotely close to giving up on the coaches or the season just because somebody wants to start another butthurt callout thread on the same topic we've debated for seven years around here.

When the team stops getting better and deeper, and when it shows signs of quitting on him, then he has to go. Pretty much like any other coach. But not because fans are mad at a play call the don't like it think they're entitled to NFCCGs just because they're "Cowboys fans."

I didn't realize wanting your team, regardless of who that team is, to compete and win a SB and when the evidence is mounting your coach isn't likely to accomplish that goal, that is being "entitled".

I will adjust my expectations now accordingly.