Question for Garrett Supporters

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't realize wanting your team, regardless of who that team is, to compete and win a SB and when the evidence is mounting your coach isn't likely to accomplish that goal, that is being "entitled".

I will adjust my expectations now accordingly.

Ok.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
So.......... continue with a coach who probably isn't that good instead of at least trying another coach all because you want Jerry gone first?

Basically, let's keep Garrett and go through this vicious cycle and hope Jerry dies or retires?
It's been a vicious cycle since the day Jimmy Johnson walked out/was told to leave. Don't worry that's all going to change now because of your vigorous visions to bring in a new coaching staff and somehow Jerry won't disgust or fire that new coach quickly.
Last year was the best Cowboy team Jerry has had since 95. The less Jerry does the better.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's been a vicious cycle since the day Jimmy Johnson walked out/was told to leave. Don't worry that's all going to change now because of your vigorous visions to bring in a new coaching staff and somehow Jerry won't disgust or fire that new coach quickly.
Last year was the best Cowboy team Jerry has had since 95. The less Jerry does the better.

It has been a vicious cycle.

But the other reality here is Jerry isn't going anywhere on his own. So if my choices are Jerry + Garrett for 5 more years or Jerry + a new coach, it's a pretty easy decision for me. Because while a new coach would more than likely not win a SB under Jones like previous ones, I know Garrett has pretty much already shown he can't do it either, so I'll take the chance that we just get lucky on the next coach.

Its a very easy analysis for me. Is Garrett the type of coach that can win us a SB? I say no. Then it's time to move on. And if the next coach spits out some non-playoff years and a few non-playoff win teams? Well we aren't much worse off than we are now with a coach that can't get us over the top.

The best team since 1995.......... and didn't win a playoff game. Awesomeness right there.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Serious question: at what point will you decide you've seen enough?

How many more .500 seasons do you need to see?

How many more second half meltdowns--where the other coaching staff clearly makes adjustments at the half and outcoaches our staff to a victory--will it take for you?

How many more losses caused by late-game coaching blunders will make you say this staff needs to go?

Will our fan base still be okay with this in 5 years? 10 years? Will there ever be a point when we can collectively agree that "the process" isn't working?

I'm not mad at anyone here. Not calling anyone out. I am just genuinely curious what it might take.
We've won 12+ games in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Denver and New England are the only other teams that can say that.
I disagree with the premises of most of your other questions.
Do I think Garrett is the best coach in the league? No, I do not. Do I think he's high on the list of concerns/issues/problems with this team? No, I do not.

Sydla

Reaction score
We've won 12+ games in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Denver and New England are the only other teams that can say that.
I disagree with the premises of most of your other questions.
Do I think Garrett is the best coach in the league? No, I do not. Do I think he's high on the list of concerns/issues/problems with this team? No, I do not.

Denver and NE have SB wins. We have one playoff win.

That's part of the problem.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I just saw the thread here.

We're coming off a 13-3 season. We've played 5 games in this one, and have five division games to play. I'm not remotely close to giving up on the coaches or the season just because somebody wants to start another butthurt callout thread on the same topic we've debated for seven years around here.

When the team stops getting better and deeper, and when it shows signs of quitting on him, then he has to go. Pretty much like any other coach. But not because fans are mad at a play call the don't like it think they're entitled to NFCCGs just because they're "Cowboys fans."
:). I always believe the Cowboys are entitled to at least play in the SB every year. But, I do go back to the Landry days!!;)