Question for Spurs fans?

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
yes because without Nesterovic we do not have much of an inside presence Rose could do a good job but Pop doesn't play that much and Malone can do a better job then Massenburg offensively and defensively.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
jacs said:
yes because without Nesterovic we do not have much of an inside presence Rose could do a good job but Pop doesn't play that much and Malone can do a better job then Massenburg offensively and defensively.

I agree.

I know Tim doesn't like playing center, but now that Shaq is out of the west, Tim can easily slide over to the five spot on most nights and let Karl handle the four. That's a much better lineup than Tim at the four and Rasho at the five in my opinion.

I mean think about it, who are the dominant centers in the West now? Yao I guess.

But adding Karl allows you to play it either way... with Tim as either a forward with Rasho or a center with Karl. It's a very versitile lineup.

Just so long as Karl keeps his yap shut and makes an effort to fit in with the team and accept his role in exchange for his first ring.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I voted yes and pretty much for the same reasons you listed Danny. Being a Spurs fans, Malone has never had a place in my heart but I don't care who, I just know we desperately need another big man, especially with Rasho out and an under-sized Rose. I'm not sure how much Malone has left in his tank, but I'd be willing to take a shot on it. All we need is for Malone to give us some defense like he did on Tim Duncan in the Playoffs last year and we'll be okay.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I voted yes and pretty much for the same reasons you listed Danny. Being a Spurs fans, Malone has never had a place in my heart but I don't care who, I just know we desperately need another big man, especially with Rasho out and an under-sized Rose. I'm not sure how much Malone has left in his tank, but I'd be willing to take a shot on it. All we need is for Malone to give us some defense like he did on Tim Duncan in the Playoffs last year and we'll be okay.

Yep, worst-case scenario is that he sucks and rides the pine ala Steve Smith that last Championship year. Just so long as he doesn't cause a stir... then Timmy will have to put his boot up the mailman's ***.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
ELDudearino said:
Why not but isn't he retiring????

You got it right... he's going to retire.

Malone to retire

Oh well, probably for the best. He was always a little whiny, and the Spurs are good enough without added distraction.