Question for the collectors out there

jwhardin

Reaction score
If we have any collectors out there, maybe you can offer an opinion on this. I have two (2) 1 quart, sugar free,glass, Dr Pepper bottles. They are Roger Staubach commemorative bottles, with his picture and his stastics. I been curious if they might have any value. Just a few of the things I've gather over the years.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My guess is they are worthless.

Just to be a nice guy I'll take them off your hands for $5 plus postage. Deal? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good question. Maybe CBZ knows something, after all he is the Dr. Pepper king.

cowboygolfer

Reaction score
The highest I have seen them go is about $40, but $10 is more realistic. Unless you get someone jonesing bad for a 1 quart, sugar free,glass, Dr Pepper that is.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
cowboygolfer said:
The highest I have seen them go is about $40, but $10 is more realistic. Unless you get someone jonesing bad for a 1 quart, sugar free,glass, Dr Pepper that is.

Like CBZ. :laugh2:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I have one as well, sugar free DP as a matter of fact, un-opened, and when I checked on E-Bay about a year ago after I found it in my basement, I was highly disapointed to find that it was only worth 4 dollars,,, so if they are worth 10 dollars now, that is a 60% increase in one year, meaning that if we hang on to them for another 20 years........:eek:

jwhardin

Reaction score
Thanks Guys. I appreciate the response. Think I'll just keep them on the shelf for my grandson.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
ill trade you my flutie flakes for your Dr. Pepper

parchy

Reaction score
How about this one...

I recently came into possession of a signed Troy Aikman picture (signed on Aug. 29, 2005), mounted on a really sweet frame commemorating his induction into the Ring of Honor. It has a star underneath the picture (roughly 10x10) and underneath that there is a marble engraving that says "Troy Aikman/2005 Ring of Honor."

How much is that one worth? :)

RoboQB

Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to throw my collection into this thread just for pride. I have a Troy Aikman 75th anniversary autographed jersey... A helmet signed by Aikman... A picture plaque of Emmitt during his NFL MVP year... A commerative football of the 52-17 SB win!... A nicely framed dual pics of Aikman and Staubach, signed... A star shaped piece of turf from Texas Stadium framed...Team photos of all SB seasons on nice plaques... Rookie cards of the triplets...there is more. I'm drawing a blank now. Man, its fun to collect. A waste of money, I guess, because I don't intend to sell any of it but still a lot of fun.

jwhardin

Reaction score
I have an autographed Roger staubach picture from his Heisman trophy year at the academy, autographed Chuck Howley playing card, four letters from Tom Landry, the last one right before JJ bought the team. I have an autographed leather cowboy cap made by the Drew Pearson. All my family and the soldiers under me always were buying me cowboy items. I've got stuff everywhere.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
As my father once told me, a collectible is only worth what someone is willing to pay you for it. All of the values that are in books are worthless unless someone hands you cold hard cash. I always find Ebay to be the best market barometer of what something is worth. Just my 2 cents and over 10 years of buying and selling music and football merchandise...

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I have a bunch of stuff that is more valuable to me then I could ever sell it for.....it is the memories that are priceless right?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
jwhardin said:
If we have any collectors out there, maybe you can offer an opinion on this. I have two (2) 1 quart, sugar free,glass, Dr Pepper bottles. They are Roger Staubach commemorative bottles, with his picture and his stastics. I been curious if they might have any value. Just a few of the things I've gather over the years.
$55...

http://www.totalcowboys.addr.com/bottlesa.htm