Question, heard we are at 23.6 & if restructure Larry Allen how much save?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I have several questions, I have heard that we have 23.6 million in cap space, or 25 million, does anyone like Adam know what the exact amoount is like 23 or 25? Next, if we restructure Larry Allens contract, how much do you think we can save as far as cap money?

I am thinking, with redoing LA's save 2 million or so, that should put us at 25 or 27. Then, can redo Keyshawns contract, save some, about a million or half million. That may put us up to about 30. Keep at least 9 million for preseason and final cuts if some good player comes available in September. So, was wondering what you guys thought?

Also, if we restructure Newmans, Wittens and James contracts, how much would that save up for cap money this year, since they are reportedly free agents next year?

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
He's not going to be restructured because he won't take the pay cut. Therefore, he won't be on the team.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
He's not going to be restructured because he won't take the pay cut. Therefore, he won't be on the team.

the deadline to restructure was at 2pm today ,, i haven't heard anything about LA re doing his contract.. and noway can isee paying him 7.5 million this year.. I think he is gone by 11 tonight.. Good luck to him.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
we don't have to act on Allen now -

His bonus $ is later I believe and we are WAY under cap.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Nors said:
we don't have to act on Allen now -

His bonus $ is later I believe and we are WAY under cap.

You are correct, his bonus isn't due til April 1,, so that gives 2-3 weeks to find his replacement.

MrPhil

Reaction score
I believe there is a pretty good guard out in Seattle who was transition tagged. I think his name is Hutchinson........:D

DrunkWithPower

Reaction score
I believe the deadline for restructuring was only for teams trying to get under the cap. We can renegotiate Allen's contract any time we want.