Question on Brooks and the supplemental

thor_01

Reaction score
There are plenty of articles out there now saying we have interest in Brooks, even putting us in the top 5 teams to draft him..........

There are also those that say because of the relationship between BP and Groh, if we dont take him it is because BP knew he wasnt worth the time and trouble...........

But playing with Greg Ellis's mild version of the T.O. 2005 saga, suppose Ellis's bs has pushed enough buttons to make a second day draft pick worth a shot to take Brooks, who many say could be another Ware with his abillity to put his hand on the ground and rush the passer............

Add BP's facination with big LBers and maybe there is fire to this smoke, making taking Brooks in the fourth and trading Ellis for a fourth/or better, a reasonable hypothesis to work with, dont know myself, anyone got a better clue..........

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
thor_01 said:
There are plenty of articles out there now saying we have interest in Brooks, even putting us in the top 5 teams to draft him..........

There are also those that say because of the relationship between BP and Groh, if we dont take him it is because BP knew he wasnt worth the time and trouble...........

But playing with Greg Ellis's mild version of the T.O. 2005 saga, suppose Ellis's bs has pushed enough buttons to make a second day draft pick worth a shot to take Brooks, who many say could be another Ware with his abillity to put his hand on the ground and rush the passer............

Add BP's facination with big LBers and maybe there is fire to this smoke, making taking Brooks in the fourth and trading Ellis for a fourth/or better, a reasonable hypothesis to work with, dont know myself, anyone got a better clue..........
I would do it. I would get Brooks, and I'm seriously in the minority here, but who cares.

thor_01

Reaction score
the more i think about it if it is a possibillity i would too...........

ConcreteBoy

Benched
Reaction score
Check out his arrest history - drugs involved

Check out why he is in draft supp? Kicked off team by Al Groh

Recently was weighed at 292 pounds

There will be no interest in this player except sans a 6th or 7th if he's there still. Even then kid is hard pressed to make our roster.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
The conditions that I would take Brooks are this:
1. Good report from Groh.
2. He lasted til the 5th round. (Don't think that will happen)
3. Incentive laden contract with a protective "out" clause for us.
4. Low signing bonus.

If all that were to fall in place then fine. Other than that, someone else can roll the dice. We are already rolling the dice with TO and Vanderjact (drinking). We are running out of dice.

MossBurner

Reaction score
A 4th round pick will not land Brooks. I think it will take a 2.

As an aside, I'm a UVA grad. I saw every college game he played and even had the opportunity to hang out with him a few times in the bars of Charlottesville. He's talented when he's in shape, but he's a complete jackass. He has no discipline and no respect for authority. I don't see him as a Parcells guy.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
MossBurner said:

As an aside, I'm a UVA grad. I saw every college game he played and even had the opportunity to hang out with him a few times in the bars of Charlottesville. He's talented when he's in shape, but he's a complete jackass. He has no discipline and no respect for authority. I don't see him as a Parcells guy.

Teams can have him at 2. But I doubt that will happen

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
MossBurner said:

Bars ? How old is he and what is the drinking age down there ?

31smackdown

Reaction score
I also think that it may take a 2 to get him... I think you'll have about 5 teams willing to spend a third.

But really.. Where would he play? You just drafted Ware and Carpenter to play the outsides. You have James pretty much calling the defensive plays and starting to play well and then you just sign Ayodele as a free agent to play the other position, which he should do well at from the good things I've heard about him.

Certainly not worth a 2 to us... I mean we still have Burnett who we have to find out about once he recovers. The need just doesn't justify the cost in this case.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
MossBurner said:

As an aside, I'm a UVA grad. I saw every college game he played and even had the opportunity to hang out with him a few times in the bars of Charlottesville. He's talented when he's in shape, but he's a complete jackass. He has no discipline and no respect for authority.
Too bad the Skins don't have any picks to bid with, eh?

Tobal

Reaction score
I'd take him with a 4th unless you here something very negative from Groh 4th round money is not huge so he'd still be hungry enough to stay inline. If you watched those Canty highlights you had to see brooks, guy is an animal.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
All I know is, he has the chance to be better than any linebacker we have on the roster, Period.. He also has the chance to be a bust because of character issues and discipline, but I would take a chance on someone with his size/speed and power.

Let BP deal with the other stuff, whip his arse into shape and throw some incentives at him that will open his eyes, and I guarantee you this kid could be moving Bradie James to 2nd string within a year and a half.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Ware and Carpenter are both better now then Brooks. If he plays inside, he is not worth a high pick. 4th at best.