question on parking

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
i'm coming down for the philly game and was wondering if there are any cash parking lots. also, are these lots close to the stadium? i can get either a blue or red parking pass thru a ticket broker, just wondering if that's the way to go.

thanks

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Someone in the Dallas-area needs to throw a big tailgate for this game!!!

I'm sure Pittdawg would be up for some brats and brews... and I'll be coming all the way out from D.C. and would sure like to hang with some of my friends here.

Let's make this happen!

:beer2:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
pittdawg said:
i'm coming down for the philly game and was wondering if there are any cash parking lots. also, are these lots close to the stadium? i can get either a blue or red parking pass thru a ticket broker, just wondering if that's the way to go.

thanks
Parking is pretty bad by the stadium. Cash parking lot is $15 and you're pretty much parking on grass for that delicious pleasure. And you're going to walk at least a mile to the stadium. We got there late and we parked even farther than normal. You have to walk across the highway to get the gate.

I suggest getting there early as it fills up quickly and there's no rhyme or reason to how alot of people park, because of tailgaters and whatnot. There may be a trolley, but I didn't see one last time. Could be because we were late.

We went a different way and I don't wanna tell you wrong, but it wasn't off 183 which is where alot of people came from. We came off Loop 12 via Harry Hines (not sure how), but we got in fairly quickly. I don't know the area very well, so maybe somebody else can help you with that.

If you can afford it, I'd go w/the parking passes. Less traffic madness to deal with.

Anyway, hope the info helps.

richzre

Reaction score
I went this last Monday night and we parked in the blue parking. I would definitely get there at least 2 hours before kickoff. I heard from one guy who said he had blue parking but it was all filled up and he had to park way away from the stadium. What happens in the blue parking is that a group of tailgaters willl park in one spot and use another parking spot to set up grills and chairs.
It's a fun time tailgating but you gotta get there with plenty of time. Texas Stadium is a mess when it comes to parking and traffic.

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
thanks everybody. maybe i'll just ride over with rob and then wander around the parking lots. when pitt played at a & m, we met some really nice people that way.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Someone in the Dallas-area needs to throw a big tailgate for this game!!!

I'm sure Pittdawg would be up for some brats and brews... and I'll be coming all the way out from D.C. and would sure like to hang with some of my friends here.

Let's make this happen!

:beer2:
I really hope this comes to fruition. Get the party started.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
pittdawg said:

thanks
Good, because when you attend the games we win.

:wink2:

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Good, because when you attend the games we win.

:wink2:

not bad.. one for one!! funny you should say that because bp mentioned that to rob after chargers game. said he is superstitious.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
pittdawg said:
not bad.. one for one!! funny you should say that because bp mentioned that to rob after chargers game. said he is superstitious.
If we lose to Frisco I am buying you a ticket to Oakland.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
pittdawg said:

And where were you Monday night? :)

Derinyar

Reaction score
Parking is a mess. I have seasons and red parking, it helps out some, but still have to get there plenty ahead of time. The problem is the freeways around the area weren't built with the future in mind and each exit is a single lane. Its one of those things you either get there 2 hours early or 45 minutes late. The blue parking is very nice, don't have to cross the freeway, but i'd guess from a broker thats going to go about 75-100.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
You can retire in a couple of years when Rob starts going to the Pro Bowl and signs a big contract.
By the way, I live in Pittsburgh I'm not a Pitt fan but I watched Rob play alot, your son was a hell of a player at Pitt. They could use him this year. I think he's going to be just as good for the Cowboys.
Not that you didn't know that.

DA FAN

Reaction score
If you can afford it, go with the Blue parking permit it's the parking lot that surrounds the stadium. Avoid the long walks from the cash parking. Next option would be the red parking which is across the freeway, but the walk is not as long as with the cash parking. The trollies run early, but only prior to the game, they don't run after the game. Everyone walks!