Question Posting Articles

DBoys

Reaction score
Whenever I post an article paragraph spaces are removed and I have to go in and put them back. I am pasting straight text from notepad so it is not formatting. Does anyone else get this? It is a real pain and never used to happen before.

DBoys

Reaction score
RedLine said:
I am experiencing the same thing.

Thanks for the response and at least we are not alone. I hope this is a silly setting on the backend because it makes it extremely difficult to post articles.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DBoys said:
Thanks for the response and at least we are not alone. I hope this is a silly setting on the backend because it makes it extremely difficult to post articles.
How do you think I feel? :(

It's a vBulletin thing that changed when it was last upgraded. I've tried several different ways and 90% of the time, I always have to reformat. I just accept it and always make sure to add the returns before I submit it as a new thread.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
I always have to go through and add in spaces. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it gets annoying sometimes.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I never have that problem. I just copy and paste. Do you think its the software the poster is using ??... (and please don't ask me what I use. I don't know the difference between hotmail and cold pizza :)

DBoys

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
How do you think I feel? :(

It's a vBulletin thing that changed when it was last upgraded. I've tried several different ways and 90% of the time, I always have to reformat. I just accept it and always make sure to add the returns before I submit it as a new thread.

Is there a new version of vbulletin out yet because this has to be a bug. I hope they address it in the next release.

Thanks for going through the extra trouble you are an article machine!

DBoys

Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:
I never have that problem. I just copy and paste. Do you think its the software the poster is using ??... (and please don't ask me what I use. I don't know the difference between hotmail and cold pizza :)

Do you click on a blue e to browse the internet?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DBoys said:
Is there a new version of vbulletin out yet because this has to be a bug. I hope they address it in the next release.

Thanks for going through the extra trouble you are an article machine!
That would be a question for Reality.

Me? I don't know. I'm not familiar w/vBulletin on the back end.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Posters can choose several different editor formats. They are in your user options. The most common is the WYSIWYG editor. That stands for What You See Is What You Get. I believe that is the only editor that when it transfers to vBulletin removes the paragraph marks. You get better graphics with that editor. You kind of just have to check yoru options and see which one you like best.

DBoys

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Posters can choose several different editor formats. They are in your user options. The most common is the WYSIWYG editor. That stands for What You See Is What You Get. I believe that is the only editor that when it transfers to vBulletin removes the paragraph marks. You get better graphics with that editor. You kind of just have to check yoru options and see which one you like best.

Thanks Hostile you were right WYSIWYG always has the problem and if you change it to simple or enhanced it doesn't do it anymore.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will be updating the site software in the next few days so *maybe* it has been fixed. If not, I may just write a hack for it myself.