Question re hook in ceiling / decorating upgrades

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
In college, I used this hook thingamabobber that had a screw on its end to go up into the ceiling. A couple of those up there and it was perfect for hanging my bike up.

Well, now I'm going to get a plant with a macrame thingie that includes a hook to go into the ceiling so the plant can hang down and look nice. When I hung up my bike in the ceiling, it was ages ago, so I don't remember how I did it. Do you have to find a stud in the ceiling? Or can you just twist that hook-screw thingie in pretty much anywhere.

And, no, I promise, I'm not some effeminate dude obsessed with interior decorating. I just think a plant will look kind of homey and nice. And it's a fake plant, so I can't kill it by forgetting to water it.

Other decorating upgrades in my future, include:

1. A big flag of the city of Bern, Switzerland where my grandparents were from.
2. A poster-sized photo of a singer I took that won second place in a photography contest.

I really should also include some Dallas Cowboy stuff. I'm open to suggestion, but it can't be insanely expensive like an autographed Roger Staubach jersey that he wore in Super Bowl 12.

Jay777

Reaction score
In college, I used this hook thingamabobber that had a screw on its end to go up into the ceiling. A couple of those up there and it was perfect for hanging my bike up.

Well, now I'm going to get a plant with a macrame thingie that includes a hook to go into the ceiling so the plant can hang down and look nice. When I hung up my bike in the ceiling, it was ages ago, so I don't remember how I did it. Do you have to find a stud in the ceiling? Or can you just twist that hook-screw thingie in pretty much anywhere.

And, no, I promise, I'm not some effeminate dude obsessed with interior decorating. I just think a plant will look kind of homey and nice. And it's a fake plant, so I can't kill it by forgetting to water it.

2. A poster-sized photo of a singer I took that won second place in a photography contest.

I really should also include some Dallas Cowboy stuff. I'm open to suggestion, but it can't be insanely expensive like an autographed Roger Staubach jersey that he wore in Super Bowl 12.

I think you should have some Kiss posters like you had when you were 12.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Plant is unlikely to be very heavy (though I haven't received it yet).
Don't forget the extra weight when you water it. Most of those macrame plant holders I've seen are pretty big, but I have no idea how big this one is. Another option would be to get a hook with a drywall anchor, like a butterfly nut, that springs open once you push it through the hole you drill.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

3. A life sized wall portrait of Amber Heard.

Not gonna lie. This may be the best interior decorating idea I have EVER had. It’s PERFECT!

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Don't forget the extra weight when you water it. Most of those macrame plant holders I've seen are pretty big, but I have no idea how big this one is. Another option would be to get a hook with a drywall anchor, like a butterfly nut, that springs open once you push it through the hole you drill.

I won't be adding any water. It's a realistic-looking fake plant. I'm going all out to not kill the plant this time.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
3. A life sized wall portrait of Amber Heard.

Not gonna lie. This may be the best interior decorating idea I have EVER had. It’s PERFECT!

That's actually a very well-composed and good-looking piece of photography there, but Heard is really not my favorite person. I've decided to put up some of my own photography.

lukin2006

Reaction score

you could probably get a signed Taco Charlton jersey real cheap?