Question regarding BATMAN BEGINS

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
I know this may sound odd, but what the hey....

I run one of the biggest BATMAN websites on the Net - BATMAN ON FILM. I'm doing a story on what the "Average Joe" thinks about this film. I figured you all here fit that category for the most part. Tell me what you think about it - are you going to see it, your impressions based on TV spots, trailers, etc. Anything and any comments would help. There is a link to my site with the banner below. Thanks!

:iggles:

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:

I run one of the biggest BATMAN websites on the Net - BATMAN ON FILM. I'm doing a story on what the "Average Joe" thinks about this film. I figured you all here fit that category for the most part. Tell me what you think about it - are you going to see it, your impressions based on TV spots, trailers, etc. Anything and any comments would help. There is a link to my site with the banner below. Thanks!

No I don't plan on going to see it I will prob watch it on DVD when it comes out. Reason I would say is I can't stand them always changing who plays Batman, and if chris o'donell were back as Robin I'd prob be more inclined to see it or even Alicia as bat girl.... The previews look good and the special effects look great but like I said not very intrested for the reason I listed.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
A quick note about the film--

It is a TOTAL restart/reboot of the franchise. It has nothing to do with the previous four films. It is NOT a prequel.

Anyway, thanks for the comments and any others as I'll use them in my article. You can also PM me here or email me at batmanonfilm@msn.com.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I actually want to see this film. I liked the original Batman and Batman Returns the most of the ones already made, primarily because they seemed more action-oriented to me. I realize there were action scenes in the ones with Arnold, Jim Carrey, etc, but they seemed more corny to me than anything else. Batman Begins seems pretty action packed based on the previews I've seen, and as someone mentioned above, the special effects look terrific.

I had no idea this wasn't a prequel. I was actually asking a friend the other day if they knew, and everyone I've spoken with just assumed it was.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
No I don't plan on going to see it I will prob watch it on DVD when it comes out. Reason I would say is I can't stand them always changing who plays Batman, and if chris o'donell were back as Robin I'd prob be more inclined to see it or even Alicia as bat girl.... The previews look good and the special effects look great but like I said not very intrested for the reason I listed.

Chris O'Donnell? For real? Those were the worst Batmans.

This one looks good. Darker, like Batman should be. Christopher Nolan is a good director as well.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I've like so far after seeing the previews is that DC is FINALLY getting 'it'. Marvel has brought a string of seriously made films based on their characters and their storylines. On the other hand, DC has pretty much yukked it up in every movie--with the strongest one not exactly fitting the picture being the original Batman. Even the animated 'The Incredibles' is a much stronger comic book hero type movie than DC movies thus far. And that's sad. DC has GREAT characters that become lost on the big screen (and the small screen for that matter). The Liam Neelsom (sp?) casting as Bruce Wayne's mentor is perfect--a la his role as Obi Wan's Jedi Master in Star Wars. The Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman casting looks right on also. Can't wait to see the final product!

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Keep it coming.

Dale, I think that you are like a lot of dudes I know and think that this thing is a damn prequel to those other films. It isn't - it is a COMPLETE restart. The director is Chris Nolan, the dude who did MEMENTO and INSOMNIA.

I went to the set in September over in London, and trust me, this thing is AWSOME! Anyway, enough of my promotion. I still want to hear from as many of you as possible - pro or con.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I will definitely see it. The two with Keaton were terrific, just because they had that dark feel to them. But the reboot of the franchise should work well, too.

I understand they are even going to redo the death of Wayne's parents to the proper killer (instead of the Joker).

I would be shocked if this movie is bad, I mean - it looks too good to be bad. Christian Bale is the best dark guy I can think of too.

On another DC movie, Superman, that is going to be wierd. Mostly because it IS a continuation of the franchise (well, it is meant to be a sequel to 1 and 2 - they are wisely ignoring 3-4). A lot of folk don't like Routh as the title role, but I disagree. I think he looks the part. The best thing this movie has going for it is the director, Brian Singer, who directed the first two X-Men movies....

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:

I plan on watching it. I would probably be considered an average joe. I am a big movie fan, and I think Batman along with Superman were probably my biggest heroes when I was a kid, but what appeals to me about this Batman is it's a totally different approach on Batman than the Tim Burton and Adam West versions. It's the most realistic version so far and think that's what always makes the most effective comic book movies. When they try and get too cute is when they fail. However ridiculous the concept is in real life, you have to take it serious and make as realistic a portrayal as possible.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Guys,
Thanks for the comments! I've used them all. What I'm looking for now is y'all who posted, tell me what you think AFTER you see the film (June 15th). Speaking of that, I'll see it next Thursday in LA. I'm going to the press junket for BATMAN BEGINS. I'll also be interviewing Christian Bale, Katie Holmes, Katie Holmes, Katie, uh, sorry - Christopher Nolan, and the rest of the cast and crew.
I'll let y'all know when the story is through and I'll be updating from LA on BATMAN ON FILM.
Y'all still have time to put your 2 cents in!

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Hey guys, I saw BATMAN BEGINS last night - it is FANTASTIC. You all will love it, whether or not you are a Batman fan.

Let me know what y'all think here or via email: batmanonfilm@msn.com. I'm working on some stories about the film right now including a detailed review that I can't post until the 15th per an agreement w/Warner Bros.

And being here in SoCal, I can understand just why the Cowboys want to hold TC here! Nice weather!

Kangaroo

Reaction score
I knew it was not a prequel they are trying to go back to the dark Batman that Miller created back in the 1986 with Batman the Darknight Graphic Novel and the one in the New Justice League cartoons on Cartoon network.

that is what changed with the other batman's they got hokie and took away from the feel of the 1st Batman with Keaton

I would like to watch it in the theater but the timing hurts because my son wants to see Star Wars and at todays movie prices I skip most movies and wait for the DVD.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
^ It blows the '89 BATMAN away. Big time. It's better than the SPIDER-MAN films. It's better than SUPERMAN (1978). It's a great film period. Even if you take The Batman out. It's going to get some Oscar run. Really.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:
^ It blows the '89 BATMAN away. Big time. It's better than the SPIDER-MAN films. It's better than SUPERMAN (1978). It's a great film period. Even if you take The Batman out. It's going to get some Oscar run. Really.

Not that you're biased or anything....:wink:

Gaede

Reaction score
one of the greatest casts assembled in recent time, and a solid up and coming director (if you can call Nolan that-though he seems to have already arrived)--this film should be very good.

Plus, Christian Bale is greatness--I've been a fan ever since I saw Treasure Island (a t.v made movie I think-Heston as Long John, Bale as Jim Hawkins) as a kid.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
BTW, I sat right next to Katie Holmes today, and she is FINE. Cruise was there and short. Milling around in the hallways like a teenager.

But, go see it and email me your "reviews" - I want to know what y'all think.

And if it sucked, I'd be ALL over it! Trust me.