Question Regarding OC

Playmaker247

Reaction score
I’m hearing that Kellen Moore will be the OC but Garret will call plays. But how does that work? And what do you guys think will be different compared to last years offense?

JayFord

Reaction score
I’m hearing that Kellen Moore will be the OC but Garret will call plays. But how does that work? And what do you guys think will be different compared to last years offense?

Same as Washington

Matt cavanaugh is the OC But gruden calls the plays....cavanaugh job is to assist gruden or sub in guys.....

And it gets worse with Garrett calling plays ....I’m talking we lose games 17-13 with dak going 44/72 for 400 yards 1td and 2 ints and Elliott getting 8 carries for 22 yards

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nothing different, same scheme and plays. Rumor was that the FO wanted to take the offense in a different direction. Moore/Garrett will not accomplish that, expect more passing plays too :thumbdown:

The coaching tree that Moore is from is Garretts minute coaching tree :lmao:

TonyS

Reaction score

Here's the synopsis:

1) Garrett is asked about Linehan a couple days ago and he says how Linny will be back next season.

2) [My speculation] Jerry immediately calls Jason and says he's got a great idea to fire Linny, and hire some up and coming QB coach from a playoff team.

3) Garrett comes out later that day indicating that he doesn't remember what he said earlier that day regarding Linehan

4) Within hours, Cowboys announce Linehan is fired.

5) Jerry talks openly about other coaches potentially available that we may be looking at.

6) [My speculation] Other coaches indicate they aren't interested in joining the puppet show in Dallas, so Jerry tells Garrett, whom he is now referring to as, Mini McVay, that we can turn these lemons into lemonade by promoting Moore to OC or Passing Coordinator and letting JG call the offensive plays.

That's my view of the events as I see them based upon current reporting.

Bluefin

Reaction score
I’m hearing that Kellen Moore will be the OC but Garret will call plays. But how does that work?
Kellen Moore would be responsible for overseeing the offense during the week and developing the game plan with input from all the other offensive coaches.

Jason Garrett would make the play calls during games.

And what do you guys think will be different compared to last years offense?
It would be very similar in most respects, while hopefully featuring better player execution and less predictability.

All coaches have their beliefs in what works, but continuing to grow and adapt to the ever changing NFL landscape is vital.

Eanwen

Reaction score
If the Giants game was a glimpse of what garrett calling plays will look like when the run game struggles sign me up. Dak passing for 400 yards 3 TD's is a rare occurrence the last 3 years.

Yeah that was a good game. Utilized the te well.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah that was a good game. Utilized the te well.

Very different from the normal linehan plan. And don't forget Garrett actually wants to run the ball too so Zeke will get his carries esp when effective.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I fear that the Cowboys will become pass happy and forget they have the best pure RB in the league.