Question, who hired Read special teams coach, wade or jerry jones?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
question, who hired special teams coach, wade phillips or jerry jones

Deep_South

Reaction score
I think the other teams in the NFC East all chipped in to get Read for the Cowboys.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is Wade Phillips.

It was the reason that Buffalo let him go.

They told him to fire Read and he refused to so they let him go at the end of the season.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt
so wade did hire read and not jerry jones, a friend of mine says it was jerry jones that hired wade, and could be a possibility, that jerry jones said ok wade, show me that read cant coach special teams by hiring 4 extra asst coaches;

so is jerry jones what im asking is responsible for read still on the team and hiring read? or was it wade?

igtmfo

Reaction score
Hm, FWIW I googled to find out that Read wasn't involved with Wade before Read was hired by Cowboys ... But bad st play seems to follow Wade whereever he goes anyways ...

It was Bruce DeHaven responsible for the "Music City Miracle," and was let go (the Boys' former special teams coach, by the way). Then a year later after more bad special teams play, the Bill's owner (Ralph Wilson) wanted the new st coach, Ronnie Jones, fired ... Wade refused, and Wade himself was fired ...

Before Cowboys, "Read spent the past three years as special teams coach at Oregon State. The Cowboys are his third NFL stop. He also coached special teams at San Diego from 1999-2001 and for the New York Giants in 2002-03."

speedkilz88

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2353876 said:
That is Wade Phillips.

It was the reason that Buffalo let him go.

They told him to fire Read and he refused to so they let him go at the end of the season.
Read never coached for the Buffalo Bills. Read was hired by Wade Phillips though.