QUESTIONS: Post your questions for Cornell Green

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
His son will choose the top 10 questions by you and ask them of his father and get back to us with the answers.

So makes your questions good.

Sometime Thursday his son will choose the questions.

Here's mine for Cornell.

Today's NFL is nothing like the physical game that you played. What is the biggest difference in your opinion and how would you adjust to today's game and do you think it would have prolonged your career even longer than it was, or would you have probably retired when you did no matter what?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Who were some of the toughest receivers you had to cover in your career and what made each one difficult?

Four

Reaction score
here's my question:

what was it like to play with real men?

The Grim Reaper

Benched
Reaction score
What is your honest opinion of Terrell Owens and his impact on the Cowboys locker room? Do you agree with his release?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As an undrafted free agent who never played a down in college, what is your opinion of fellow undrafted free agent Tony Romo?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Lilly once lamented that the Cowboys were one of the cheapest outfits in the league. Did you feel that you were adequately compensated relative to others playing your position? Should the League and the Players Association be doing more in terms of pensions and long-term health issues?

235-293-64AF48CCBAF94497A497B020EDC2DCAB.jpg

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hi Cornell. I consider those early 70 teams to have had arguably the greatest defensive backfields in NFL history. What was it like to play along side Adderley, Renfro and Harris/Waters? What kind of competition and friendships did you guys have? How did you and the team feel after the two Cleveland losses then the Baltimore one? How many guys were truly ill in that Playoff Bowl loss? Who is your favorite player from your period and favorite Cowboy since then? Pick any or all and thanks for taking our questions. But thanks more for the memories, Cornell. You deserve to be in the ROH and the HOF.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
What one thing would you tell a young defensive back to do...to help improve his game...that most coaches over look or over complicate.

Personal note.... Thanks Cornell, not just for answering the questions but for laying it out on the line game in and game out...I think you were a fantastic DB and are too often overlooked when discussing the greats.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two questions.

1. It is said your teammates nick named you sweet lips. How did that become your nickname?

2. In your years of scouting, who were a few players that you scouted that you are proud of that went on to have NFL careers?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2794438 said:
favorite Landry story?

mods, could you have this as my question instead?

Mr. Green, what is your favorite, personal Landry moment?

if he were still alive and he talked to me, I probably would faint, that must have been real cool to interact with him, and a great story that I would gladly love to listen to

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I've got two more:

Said Gil Brandt: "I mean, if Cornell had any kind of hands, he would’ve had three times as many interceptions as he got ... and the guy played basketball in college."

What do you think of that statement? Do you think you dropped a lot of potential INTs?

2. Why did you give up playing basketball to play football? It turned out great for us Cowboys fans, and you had a terrific career in the NFL, but what made you choose it over what you have played previously?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Mr. Green, who in the modern NFL would you compare your game to? And which DB did you pattern your game after, and why?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
When you heard the Cowboys say they were going to play Orlando Scandrick at the "Star" Position, did you think of how Landry used your coverage skills to the advantage of the whole defense by changing your role in the secondary?

FanSince61

Thanks for the memories Dandy
Reaction score
Do you think the 1967 NFL Championship game (Ice Bowl) should have been postponed?

It's my understanding some players still have health issues because of the cold weather causing frost bite. Do you have any health problems because of it?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Mr. Green,

Thank you for taking time to answer questions for or our site.

Two questions from me.

I believe you played HS Basketball in the Bay area. Did you ever have opportunity to play against Bill Russell and if so, can you share your thoughts on Russell?

You were an excellent Basketball Player for Utah St. You averaged a double-double for your career I believe. You may still hold the Utah State rebound records. I believe you were drafted by the NBA but not sure why you decided to play football as opposed to Basketball. Can you tell us a little bit about why you choose football? Not that I'm complaining.

Thank you Mr. Green

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Mr. Green,
what is your favorite moment/play while being a member of the Dallas Cowboys?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Mr. Green can you tell us about the day you made the team?:starspin