Quick Eagle injury updates...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles | Dawkins Injured, But Returns
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:32:05 -0700

Mark Eckel, of the Star-Ledger, reports Philadelphia Eagles FS Brian Dawkins (ankle) left the Week 4 game against the Kansas City Chiefs Sunday, Oct. 2, with an ankle injury. However, Dawkins missed just one play before returning to the game.

Eagles | Hicks to Undergo MRI
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:32:01 -0700

Mark Eckel, of the Star-Ledger, reports Philadelphia Eagles OG Artis Hicks (ankle) is scheduled to have an MRI Monday, Oct. 3.

Eagles | Grasmanis Could Miss Rest of Season
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:30:05 -0700

Mark Eckel, of the Star-Ledger, reports Philadelphia Eagles DT Paul Grasmanis (Achilles') could be lost for the season after suffering his third Achilles' injury in three years. Grasmanis was injured during the Week 4 game against the Kansas City Chiefs Sunday, Oct. 2.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
i dont get it PT

It's Not really a Big deal DK999, but I was merely saying that I'm suspicious that absolutely none (at least not depicted in the Cowboy's Injury Report list) of your playmakers are bruised up, or injured in any way. Now I realize that's a good thing, but that's also the perfect scenario going into a major inner-divisional game.

Either that's a huge advantage that everyone on the roster (except those identified in my previous post), or Bill Parcells and Co. are being a little disingenuious with us to keep injuries under a lid.

Either way, we'll come to play ...60 minutes of raw hell (oops ...did I say that out loud?)!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:
It's Not really a Big deal DK999, but I was merely saying that I'm suspicious that absolutely none (at least not depicted in the Cowboy's Injury Report list) of your playmakers are bruised up, or injured in any way. Now I realize that's a good thing, but that's also the perfect scenario going into a major inner-divisional game.

Either that's a huge advantage that everyone on the roster (except those identified in my previous post), or Bill Parcells and Co. are being a little disingenuious with us to keep injuries under a lid.

Either way, we'll come to play ...60 minutes of raw hell (oops ...did I say that out loud?)!

Well it was reported that Julius got a concussion in the 49ers game, LB Kevin Burnett had some minor injuries as well but I think those have healed up.

We really have been extremely lucky this year...so far...knock on wood.

As far as bumps and bruises...every team and chances every player that has playing time will have those, but if they are minor then chances are teams will not report them.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Well it was reported that Julius got a concussion in the 49ers game, LB Kevin Burnett had some minor injuries as well but I think those have healed up.

Are these guys 100%?

We really have been extremely lucky this year...so far...knock on wood.

Yep. It sure sounds like it. But that's a good thing!

As far as bumps and bruises...every team and chances every player that has playing time will have those, but if they are minor then chances are teams will not report them

Correct me if I'm wrong, but i hear you saying that "minor" bumps and bruises are defined by coaches; at their call/convenience.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:
Are these guys 100%?

As far as I know...but I am not there in the meetings.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but i hear you saying that "minor" bumps and bruises are defined by coaches; at their call/convenience.

Sure...but I am positive that most players have these bumps and bruises that amount to nothing therefore are not reported.

Just as we as average joes get a minor bruise on our arm or a small bump on our leg or a minor sore muscle....chances are we are not going to go to the hospital over them. :cool:

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Phoenix-Talon said:
As far as I know...but I am not there in the meetings.

Sure...but I am positive that most players have these bumps and bruises that amount to nothing therefore are not reported.

Just as we as average joes get a minor bruise on our arm or a small bump on our leg or a minor sore muscle....chances are we are not going to go to the hospital over them. :cool:

Alright.

But on a slightly different note, couldn't a coach hold injury report information on key players if he knew that it could be manipulated; perhaps even perpetuated, by an opponent team? Not saying anyone is doing that, but I heard the Ravens Coach (Billechek or something like that) state that he wasn't giving out any information that an opponent team could use.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:
Alright.

But on a slightly different note, couldn't a coach hold injury report information on key players if he knew that it could be manipulated; perhaps even perpetuated, by an opponent team? Not saying anyone is doing that, but I heard the Ravens Coach (Billechek or something like that) state that he wasn't giving out any information that an opponent team could use.

It is probably done more then it is known around the league.

Even though they are told to report an injury at a time they still have the ability to list probably, game time decision and so on.

Makes it hard as you say, on opposing teams to game plan for a position if they are not sure who will be playing due to injury.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Phoenix-Talon said:
It is probably done more then it is known around the league.

Even though they are told to report an injury at a time they still have the ability to list probably, game time decision and so on.

Makes it hard as you say, on opposing teams to game plan for a position if they are not sure who will be playing due to injury.

Got it.

But one more thing ...couldn't another psychologcal ploy from a potential coach be to over-dramatize an injury in an attempt to underestimate the potential of a player in any given position?