Quick Hutch update for the curious...Appears solid as #2 in Chicago..

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bears | Wilson Says Team Confident in Hutchinson
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:17:39 -0700

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson said the team is confident in QB Chad Hutchinson as their No. 2 quarterback. "We have a lot of confidence in him. He went through a rough stretch last year, but that was due more to the offense than to his play. He's worked extremely hard this offseason and the offense that we're running right now seems to suit his style of play. None of the guys have a whole lot of experience, but we expect them to go out and perform," Wilson said.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Will Horseface go up to Lovie Smith, and with a tear in his eye ask, "what is my role on the team"?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Read the above blip again.

"Wade Wilson said the team is confident".

If I were a Bears fan, this should not fill me with confidence. I think Wilson did a terrible job and we stuck with him far too long.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:
Read the above blip again.

"Wade Wilson said the team is confident".

If I were a Bears fan, this should not fill me with confidence. I think Wilson did a terrible job and we stuck with him far too long.
There was another blurb last week with Lovie saying pretty much saying the same thing. I wish him well, except against us.

I don't mind that some of our players washed out with us, but at least they're still able to catch on w/a team. It's when we got a lot of players who wash out completely and then find themselves in the CFL, AFL, and AFL2 that bothers me.

Alexander

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
It's when we got a lot of players who wash out completely and then find themselves in the CFL, AFL, and AFL2 that bothers me.

Pretty sad when Jason Tucker, Wane McGarity, Robert Thomas, Clint Stoerner, Stepfret Williams and others make more plays in the CFL and AFL than they did for us. It just shows you how bad we have been for so long and how much better we actually have it now.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The quality of the assistant coaches hurt this team as much or more than the talent level. Coslett and crew were horrible. Jeffcoat, while a solid player, was coddled as a coach for too long. There are others, but it's water under the bridge now.

Alexander

Reaction score
noshame said:
The quality of the assistant coaches hurt this team as much or more than the talent level. Coslett and crew were horrible. Jeffcoat, while a solid player, was coddled as a coach for too long. There are others, but it's water under the bridge now.

I think talent will trump coaching on a level playing field. But it can go either way. Players can be "coached up" and players can be hindered by bad coaching.

It is when you have no talent and no coaching that you lose, consistently. Our talent was the pits. When most of the players on the team five years ago are not only gone, but completely out of the league, you had a talent issue.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Bears | Wilson Says Team Confident in Hutchinson
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:17:39 -0700

He's worked extremely hard this offseason and the offense that we're running right now seems to suit his style of play.
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

What's that, getting repeatedly blindsided by defenders in the backfield followed by a fumble?

(Sorry, Hutch. :( )

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Waffle said:
What's that, getting repeatedly blindsided by defenders in the backfield followed by a fumble?

(Sorry, Hutch. :( )

I agree. Hutch is a stiff with no feel for the game. Nice arm but he will never amount to anything in the NFL.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Hutch may be a stiff, but outside of their starter he's clearly the most talented guy they have. So it doesn't surprise me that he's number 2. Did you see the guys they put out there last year against us? Hutch looked like a football god compared to them.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
Hutch may be a stiff, but outside of their starter he's clearly the most talented guy they have. So it doesn't surprise me that he's number 2. Did you see the guys they put out there last year against us? Hutch looked like a football god compared to them.

Quinn was the WORST NFL QB I'd ever seen! :eek:

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I for one would like Hutch to do well. He has physical talent and has not been afforded patience as he gains experience anywhere.