Quick Review: Trysten Hill (Miami at Cowboys)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I was a little critical of him at first but was encouraged by him after this game. now lets see what he does against probowl lineman like the saints and packers. it is a good start.
He played against perhaps the worst interior line in football. He made a play.

But I don't see the Packers or Saints as having Pro Bowl IOL.

They are a step above Miami, certainly.

Iago33

Reaction score
Actually I see a ton of people looking at his one flash play and extracting that to mean he is just going to be incredible once he learns stuff.
Weird. I see a lot of people negative on him and a few people saying this play gives them hope that he might have something that could be worked with. I guess it’s a glass half full, half empty, or dumped on your head perspective thing.
I didn’t like the pick. I wanted someone more ready to start, but I don’t think seeing a few glimmers of hope in the kid’s play makes us sunshine-pumpers.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'd just like to say Hill a hell of a lot better sporting #97 than his preseason number.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually I see a ton of people looking at his one flash play and extracting that to mean he is just going to be incredible once he learns stuff.
I have no interest in your opinion on players.

kskboys

Reaction score
2 things.... I think his natural position will be the 1tech and be a 2 down run stuffer. And I'm good w/ that. 2nd...I like that he hustles to the football. Seemed like he was in hot pursuit quite a bit Sunday. :rolleyes:
Opposite. Hill is a slasher type, not a run stuffer at all. Sorry.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
they had covington start as 1t. after that, there was no other choice at 1t besides hill unless they put collins on 1t.

I know that.

My point was relative to judgments on Hill's performance at a position he was not drafted for and did not train for.

Beaker42

Reaction score
He played 31 snaps and jumped out twice. He has no bull rush at all.

But he will be good at both looping stunts and slashing stunts. It just so happens that the Cowboys haven't been calling as many of those stunts as they did last year. Thanks to the Rams.
He might not be strong enough now but let’s see what a year in the weight room does for him. He is quick off the ball.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You really really don't pay attention if you think I look at just 1 or 2 plays and form an opinion.

What I am saying is that if the kid has 15 bad plays and 2 good plays, THATS ENOUGH for you to say he did well.

Which in reality, he didnt do well.

Only someone looking to find some shred of hope, would try to analyze that game for Hill and think he had a good game.

But we have been over this before. Your analysis of the team is always with a positive spin to it.

Why dont you surprise me and talk about the bad side? The things that need work. The problems with this team.

Because at the end of the day, thats all that matters. Fixing the trouble areas.

Anyone can watch the game and see that Quinn got pressure, Pollard did well, ect......ect....