Quick thoughts postgame

CWR

Reaction score
Our OL was horrible. Steele got abuse . Williams got abused

I'm actually suprised we didn't hear Steele being victimized more often. I was shocked when he was in the starting line up. I thought for an updrafted rookie fa, he was much better than expected. Maybe he develops into something down the road.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Each team either had a bad call or non call in their favor. Dak still struggles mightily when the OL isn't perfect. Zeke is a 1 man show on offense. Lamb looked ok, cooper was a non factor most of the game. This type of game is why I wasn't buying into the normal off-season hype. But Alden looked good, diggs did too, awuzie caught it even though it should have come back since goff got slapped in the face. Zeke looked good on screens running through the rams secondary.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm actually suprised we didn't hear Steele being victimized more often. I was shocked when he was in the starting line up. I thought for an updrafted rookie fa, he was much better than expected. Maybe he develops into something down the road.
You can almost credit him with a sack on Prescott because he pretty much got thrown into him

CWR

Reaction score
You can almost credit him with a sack on Prescott because he pretty much got thrown into him

Could you honestly expect a better game from an updrafted rookie FA? I know it wasn't a great game, but I was expecting much worse.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Seemed like a lot of Garrett residue. Big Mike has to take over the mentality of the offense.

Zeke is the man.

Go sign every OT with an ounce of talent.

Go sign Snacks and a real SS to help the run defense.

Overall, not disappointed. They can play better, and I think they'll do better next week and beyond.

A lot of Garrett residue.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Could you honestly expect a better game from an updrafted rookie FA? I know it wasn't a great game, but I was expecting much worse.
Undrafted rookie or 1st round pick, he still got abused. He was getting beat by scrubs like Leonard Floyd. He is just not a good offensive tackle

kwcool619

Reaction score
Each team either had a bad call or non call in their favor. Dak still struggles mightily when the OL isn't perfect. Zeke is a 1 man show on offense. Lamb looked ok, cooper was a non factor most of the game. This type of game is why I wasn't buying into the normal off-season hype. But Alden looked good, diggs did too, awuzie caught it even though it should have come back since goff got slapped in the face. Zeke looked good on screens running through the rams secondary.

Before the game, some publications had Cowboys going to the SB. What are they smoking?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
First....it gets very frustrating when the refs are allowed to affect the outcome that much. They HAVE to fix things like that with replay or challenges. Otherwise, whats the point of ANY replay?

MM not going for tie was an awful decision. I'm not sure if he wanted to make an impression on the fanbase or whatever, but it cost them, and we all knew it would. There seemed to be a lot of rushing instead of confidence at the time.

Why in the end, with 90 or so yards to go, one TO, and plenty of time....and only needing a FG....did it seem like the task was so daunting?

21 was very explosive. A massive positive.

Steele seemed to be ok. Have to rewatch.

Jaylon Smith does not belong on an NFL football field at any position. He is slow and just terrible instinctively and has zero toughness.

LVE....nice knowing you. Sorry. You made you money. The FO counted on you and its their fault, not yours. Coaching is in your future.

Diggs has some serious heart and was involved physically in many plays. Yes he got beat deep but at least turned around on the ball. Dont see much of that in Dallas.

This team has nothing to speak of defensively. I thought it may take some time for them to gel but that's not the issue. They have no heart and are soft beyond belief.

I'm personally stunned and upset that MM made an in game decision that was mind blowing and at least contributed to this loss.

I really thought we would get much better in that department immediately, and that's apparently not the case. Need to sleep on that one, maybe I wont much.

Anyway hang in there folks. Long season. Crappy division. Let's not overreact.

Thanks all....

We had big problems at RT and LG,

The DL was terrible most of the game,

Poe should be cut, he's fat and slow,

Nolan was terrible, as expected,

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
the defensive strength is definitely going to be the line. I think the came to play at times.... goff just did a great job getting rid of the ball. I also think the secondary has some potential. The linebackers though which we thought were a strength just aren't anymore.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I just hope McCarthy or someone on this team will set this team straight. Garrett never did, so maybe McCarthy will.

kwcool619

Reaction score
I just hope McCarthy or someone on this team will set this team straight. Garrett never did, so maybe McCarthy will.

I am giving McCarthy a chance for this team to be better. The Garrett residue is still there unfortunately. MM has to instill a championship atmosphere.
Just want to say that you were on point about so many things last season. Hopefully people will start to listen to you.