Quiet Riot lead singer found dead...Update

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
that sucks.

I saw them on a ski mountain...they played outside on the deck..

I am not kidding when I say this there were about 25 people there. Then the power cut out on them and they got in the bus and left...

I still love the wild and the young....great tune.

PosterChild

Reaction score
theebs;1791250 said:
that sucks.

I am not kidding when I say this there were about 25 people there. Then the power cut out on them and they got in the bus and left...

Sounds like he just wigged out.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
theebs;1791250 said:
that sucks.

I saw them in 1983 i quess it was in North Dakota when Metal Health just came out. I didn't even know who they were. The headliners were Def Leppard on their Pyromania tour. That concert absolutely blew me away and you should have seen the people go crazy for Quiet Riot. It was a darn good thing Def Leppard rocked just as hard because that was a tough act to follow. Maybe the best show i've ever seen.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
i would have loved to have seen def leppard in the 80s with steve clark.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
COME ON FEEL THE NOISE!

rip

great early 80's rock band -

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I never wish bad on anyone, but he was a classic arse...

We has the least talented (by far) of a very talented band...

He didn't deserve to die by any means, but he didn't deserve much good in his life either...

RIP...

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Randy Rhoads is still the greatest member of Quiet Riot.

RIP....Kevin DuBrow

morieeel

Reaction score
Sad news. I saw them in the old Checkerdome in St Louis. Bought the cheesy zebra sleevless shirt. :laugh2: A good band that had some awesome pump up the Rockford Amp tunes...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
trickblue;1792348 said:

I second that one - a friend of mine was in his road crew back in 1991. Dubrow got pissed over some stupid thing and fired him a couple other guys after a show. He left them in the middle of Florida, stiffing them on a week's pay. We had to pass the hat so our friend could get back to LA.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Dubrow Died Of Cocaine Overdose

Quiet Riot rocker Kevin DuBrow died of an accidental cocaine overdose, a Las Vegas coroner has ruled.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Daily Entertainment Photos - Don't wait for your next issue, see new pics of your fav celebs NOW!

Quiet Riot rocker Kevin DuBrow died of an accidental cocaine overdose, a Las Vegas coroner has ruled.

The 52-year-old was found dead in his Las Vegas home on 25 November (07) and authorities have now confirmed the star's death was a direct result of drugs.

Clark County coroner spokeswoman Samantha Charles says, "The cause is cocaine intoxication."

The authorities' official findings were made public on Monday.

Quiet Riot was the first metal band to top the U.S. charts and are best known for their cover of Slade's Cum on Feel the Noize

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
wow. I cant believe how messed up so many of those guys lifes are and were from something as stupid as cocaine. I mean he is 52, is he still trying to impress girls at house partys after a show...

Lot of talented guys in the 80s blew it because of cocaine and heroin. Its a shame.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
trickblue;1792348 said:

We has the least talented (by far) of a very talented band...

He didn't deserve to die by any means, but he didn't deserve much good in his life either...

RIP...

How do you come up with:

1. classic arse? Did you know him?
  2. least talented? you might be right but Carlos Cavazo was a bad guitarist
  3. the band wasnt VERY talented? I dont think so... Sarzo was the only member close to greatness - it was right place, right time.. rights song(s)
  4. he didnt deserve much good in his life? - why is that?
I agree that Dubrow was a pretty bad singer... but you could argue that he was the only one for that band and that sound and those two songs... "cum on feel the noise was a big radio hit"..... "metal health was a rock metal anthem of the times" - a real classic

trickblue

Reaction score
YoMick;1827189 said:
How do you come up with:
  1. classic arse? Did you know him?
  2. least talented? you might be right but Carlos Cavazo was a bad guitarist
  3. the band wasnt VERY talented? I dont think so... Sarzo was the only member close to greatness - it was right place, right time.. rights song(s)
  4. he didnt deserve much good in his life? - why is that?
I agree that Dubrow was a pretty bad singer... but you could argue that he was the only one for that band and that sound and those two songs... "cum on feel the noise was a big radio hit"..... "metal health was a rock metal anthem of the times" - a real classic

No, I didn't know him personally, but I do have a good source: Kevin Dubrow.

I watched a behind the music type show on TV about QR a few years back. Dubrow described himself as an ****** who was soley responsible for their first demise because of his antics and big head. They had re-formed and he said his drug use and willingness to throw other members under the bus caused the band to flame out early.

Randy Rhoades was originally in the band and that's how I was familiar with them. Sarzo was a great bassist and Cavazo was well above average on guitar as was Banali on drums. Dubrow was always the weak link in the band...

Now if you have issues with my source, contact Hell and maybe you can get a confirmation from Dubrow himself... ;)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
sounds like you just described Eddie Van Halen and every other musician from the 70s and 80s. Being a pain in the rear ego maniac was part of the gig.

or havent you heard about the m&m sorting demands of Eddie.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
trickblue;1827302 said:
No, I didn't know him personally, but I do have a good source: Kevin Dubrow.

I watched a behind the music type show on TV about QR a few years back. Dubrow described himself as an ****** who was soley responsible for their first demise because of his antics and big head. They had re-formed and he said his drug use and willingness to throw other members under the bus caused the band to flame out early.

Randy Rhoades was originally in the band and that's how I was familiar with them. Sarzo was a great bassist and Cavazo was well above average on guitar as was Banali on drums. Dubrow was always the weak link in the band...

Now if you have issues with my source, contact Hell and maybe you can get a confirmation from Dubrow himself... ;)

Oh.... you watched a show :rolleyes: :lmao:

I have heard that about their demise... Dubrow being the cause.... but when it comes down to it... they opened the door for Metal on Billboard.... then the door slammed shut.... it had little to do with Dubrow directly... the band wasnt that good... Dubrow knew this.... he was just ragging on others on the inevitable way down...

Peace, Love & Riot :D

trickblue

Reaction score
YoMick;1827414 said:
Oh.... you watched a show :rolleyes: :lmao:

I have heard that about their demise... Dubrow being the cause.... but when it comes down to it... they opened the door for Metal on Billboard.... then the door slammed shut.... it had little to do with Dubrow directly... the band wasnt that good... Dubrow knew this.... he was just ragging on others on the inevitable way down...

Peace, Love & Riot :D

What's wrong with watching a show? It was the members of the band themselves doing the talking...