Twitter: Quincy Carter not a fan of Romo, but wishes him the best

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No where near the worst pick ever. He was a 2nd round draft pick.

Worse draft picks:
Bobby Carpenter
Felix Jones
Tony Dixon
Dwayne Goodrich
... and that's just off the top of my head.

Bad pick ... yes.

Worst pick ever ... not even close.

Yeah I can't say that about Quincy. Barbie
Carpenter was just bad though I think that's Parcells who deserves the blame for that. Jerry messed up drafting Quincy that early.

landroverking

Reaction score
To quote a former Vice President of the US "a mind is a terrible thing to waste or not have at all". QC!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It is a subjective comment, I admit. But I consider 2 things

1. The position he played is the one you can least afford to miss. Quincy was suppose to be the future. He was the next Donovan McNabb.

2. Jerry actually traded up to get him. He gave up additional draft equity to get him. That makes the pick even worse, at least to me.

But again, its my judgement.

Yeah but at the end of the day he was a 2nd round pick. Jerry might've thought he was the next McNabb but that doesn't mean he's right lol. Far worse picks I can think of.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Snorting cocaine is an odd way to tell your employer you are interested in keeping your job

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
His back wasn't broken because he's not a QB with multiple back surgeries and multiple shoulder surgeries.
Now Clove.....Peyton played with a fused neck.

He was a shell of himself much less a starting QB. He didn't deserve to play.....He earned it.

A lot to be said about that.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I do not understand why carter is still worth the time to listen to. he was not a waste of talent because he was not good enough to begin with.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Woodson said he told Parcells that Tony was their best qb, or words to that effect. Things like that usually get around, and Tony likely had the support of other players so it's no surprise Quincy would be looking over his shoulder.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Now Clove.....Peyton played with a fused neck.

He was a shell of himself much less a starting QB. He didn't deserve to play.....He earned it.

A lot to be said about that.
Just trying to figure out how Romo's gone through so many surgeries.
2010 - Broken left collarbone.
2013 - Ruptured disk.
2014 - Two transverse process fractures.
2015 - Broken left collarbone.
2016 - Compression fracture, L1 vertebra.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I remember when I was like the worst person in the world for suggesting he was a complete moron and the Cowboys were wasting their time with him.
Really ?? That's just crazy , why would anyone think you are the worst person in the world just because you thought Quincy was a complete moron ,, I mean there are so many other reasons to think that about you ?

LOL .. I kid I kid

Reactions: BAT

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Just trying to figure out how Romo's gone through so many surgeries.
2010 - Broken left collarbone.
2013 - Ruptured disk.
2014 - Two transverse process fractures.
2016 - Compression fracture, L1 vertebra.
He's a competitor to a fault. Hangs on to the ball too long sometimes.

Can't beat that out of him. Injuries are proof......

However, he's a great QB. Not worthy of the criticism for the bulk of Dallas's ineptitude, IMO.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Well he's a fan of Dak and he's still a fan of the Cowboys. Interesting twitter.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He's a competitor to a fault. Hangs on to the ball too long sometimes.

Can't beat that out of him. Injuries are proof......

However, he's a great QB. Not worthy of the criticism for the bulk of Dallas's ineptitude, IMO.

Really it's not worth debating with clove... you won't change his mind or view. Just saving you the trouble.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO disrespect to WG, I like her, but not sure why the need to bring a quote from Quincy Carter to the forum. Pretty sure it would turn out to be a hate thread.
No disrespect taken...

But take all these things into consideration...

1) He's a former Cowboy, albeit a hated one and just joined twitter. He's been all over my TL all day.
2) It's Tuesday, there's really nothing else going on in Cowboy-land besides Randy Gregory's hearing.
3) I simply post stuff for discussion not to provoke love or hate... You've been a prominent poster in this thread. Mission: Accomplished

Wood

Reaction score
I remember absolute wars between Cowboy fans when discussing Quincy. To this day I have little respect for those who were full in support of him and didn't see the signs.

Staubacher

Reaction score
NO disrespect to WG, I like her, but not sure why the need to bring a quote from Quincy Carter to the forum. Pretty sure it would turn out to be a hate thread.

For a guy who hates on nfl players mistakes, you sure wreck thread after thread on this board.