Quincy Thrills Jet's Hackett

Reaction score
trickblue said:
either that or he has some mighty fine weed to share... ;)

Well, he does have top-notch connections!!

cheechquincy.jpg

Rude

Reaction score
Rack said:
I know who Hackett is. He's the Jets OCoord. Still, he's not with the cowboys now (thank god) and neither is QC. So who gives a crap what he thinks or about anything QC does.

Hey I know, let's start a "This is what Dennis Green said about Troy Hambrick thread". :rolleyes:

Their is a thread on how hambrick walked away from the raiders, I didnt see you complain there. Their is another thread talking about hambrick as emmits back up at arizona, I didnt see you complain about that thread either

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Rude said:
Their is a thread on how hambrick walked away from the raiders, I didnt see you complain there. Their is another thread talking about hambrick as emmits back up at arizona, I didnt see you complain about that thread either

When there's 500 or so threads started about Troy Hambrick, then I'll start complaining.

You can't even compare the two.

BHendri5

Reaction score
So he is not with the Boys anymore. If you do not want to read anything on him then skip the thread and do not post.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Im not even going to say where I think this hate comes from, Id probably get booted.

And some wonder why people bring up Carter? Maybe its because of the Apologists, who never want to live down the factor of Bias by fandom, even though it mostly doesn't exist. Even though the fact of the matter is that there are apologists and people who disliked Quincy's play from all different races etc.

I am sure thats what the fans were thinking when they chanted for Randall Cunningham to start instead of Aikman few years ago! :rolleyes:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Let's just face it...Carter is an awesome acquisition for the Jets at this point. That was my entire point regarding cutting him outright...Houston got a 3rd rounder for Henson who had no NFL experience and whom no one, not even the Cowboys, was expecting to play at all for at least a year.

Now I'm not comparing the two players...lord no, I know better than that, but Carter has great value as a backup QB on many many teams. Behind Pennington, the Jets didn't have 1 single QB with even 1 game of NFL experience, so they sign Carter and immediately have a backup QB with more NFL starts than their starter...of course they're excited, though I'm sure they hope like hell he never sees the field.

If we'd had any idea that Carter would accept a backup role as graciously in Dallas as he did in NY, he'd be a great addition for us too, and Romo could be cut...it's foolish to go into any NFL season with only 1 QB who's ever even taken a snap in the NFL, and I don't believe for a second that BP will go that route either....at least I hope not.

Carter needed to hit the bottom and be cut before he was ready to say the right things and accept a backup role behind a better QB, but only an idiot would think he wasn't very valuable in that role. He wanted to hold on to the starting role here, and if he'd become the backup, he'd have expected to be the starter when Vinnie left...he wasn't ready to accept being a long term backup to Henson as well.

Bottom line is that the Jets DID greatly improve their QB situation. If we find a similar guy who's started a couple seasons and played in the playoffs to backup Vinnie and then Henson, it would be a helluva upgrade for us over Romo too. It's water over the bridge now, but I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that we could have gotten at least a 4th round draft pick for Carter if we'd simply shopped him.

Good for the Jets...Good for Carter...Good for us where we are now with Vinnie and Henson, but I want someone as a backup to those two guys, and it's not Romo. Even if Romo is ahead of Henson right now, which I doubt, I'd still cut him because he's not ready to lead an NFL team and he'll never move ahead of Henson as the future king.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Rude said:
and it was an erroneous thread because clearly Hambrick didn't walk out on the Raiders...my guess is he heard he was being traded and was asked to leave practice to avoid injury risk.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Im not even going to say where I think this hate comes from, Id probably get booted.

You'd deserve it to...

just because people dont like the way a certain somebody played at QB doesnt mean they have "alterior motives" or some buildup of "hate"...I know what you are hinting at, and honestly it sux

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CowboynIRAQ said:
So he is not with the Boys anymore. If you do not want to read anything on him then skip the thread and do not post.

Thats what I say too...applies to every thread as well...if you dont like whats posted, disagree with it or ignore it...dont go off on some crusade

David

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
Hackett lost his boy when Danny White went down with the wrist...

Q is no fit for him... it is all spin...

Geez I remember that all too well...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
Thats what I say too...applies to every thread as well...if you dont like whats posted, disagree with it or ignore it...dont go off on some crusade

David

Don't go off on some crusade? I'll have to remember that one. lol

CoCo1

Reaction score
Its all speculation of course but I'm not so sure QC would have brought a 4th. I just find it hard to dismiss the 3 weeks he was available to anyone with no takers.

I know there is the thought that the circumstances surrounding his release caused teams to wonder, or perhaps as someone suggested, teams needed to see their OWN players tested first...

But I don't think either of those reasons is weighty enough to let a 4th round talent simply sit available for almost 3 weeks.

I think Dallas probably could have gotten a late round conditional pick but decided the delay in locating a buyer was not worth the risk of creating a very disruptive situation if QC were still here while trade rumors swirled. I think Dallas may have moved fast to get QC out of town as quick as possible in order to minimize distraction. And I think they did a pretty good job too. They presented a VERY decisive front and the team apparently fell in line with it pretty quick.

Its largely speculation of course.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Let's just face it...Carter is an awesome acquisition for the Jets at this point. That was my entire point regarding cutting him outright...Houston got a 3rd rounder for Henson who had no NFL experience and whom no one, not even the Cowboys, was expecting to play at all for at least a year.

Now I'm not comparing the two players...lord no, I know better than that, but Carter has great value as a backup QB on many many teams. Behind Pennington, the Jets didn't have 1 single QB with even 1 game of NFL experience, so they sign Carter and immediately have a backup QB with more NFL starts than their starter...of course they're excited, though I'm sure they hope like hell he never sees the field.

If we'd had any idea that Carter would accept a backup role as graciously in Dallas as he did in NY, he'd be a great addition for us too, and Romo could be cut...it's foolish to go into any NFL season with only 1 QB who's ever even taken a snap in the NFL, and I don't believe for a second that BP will go that route either....at least I hope not.

Carter needed to hit the bottom and be cut before he was ready to say the right things and accept a backup role behind a better QB, but only an idiot would think he wasn't very valuable in that role. He wanted to hold on to the starting role here, and if he'd become the backup, he'd have expected to be the starter when Vinnie left...he wasn't ready to accept being a long term backup to Henson as well.

Bottom line is that the Jets DID greatly improve their QB situation. If we find a similar guy who's started a couple seasons and played in the playoffs to backup Vinnie and then Henson, it would be a helluva upgrade for us over Romo too. It's water over the bridge now, but I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that we could have gotten at least a 4th round draft pick for Carter if we'd simply shopped him.

Good for the Jets...Good for Carter...Good for us where we are now with Vinnie and Henson, but I want someone as a backup to those two guys, and it's not Romo. Even if Romo is ahead of Henson right now, which I doubt, I'd still cut him because he's not ready to lead an NFL team and he'll never move ahead of Henson as the future king.

Awesome Aquistion? Please, if you had said maybe good aquisition, I probably agree.

I do Agree Carter can be a pretty decent Backup QB. I have always said that though. But I think he doesn't have the mentality to be a good backup QB, IMO, from his actions with Dallas.

You can give a person one chance, but two chances, with the same issue, then the person clearly has some kind of issue being a Backup to anyone.

4th round for Carter??? You got to be kidding me dude. No offense, Carter was on the market for almost two weeks before Jets decided to sign him. How the heck do you justify even trying to get 7th rounder for him, let alone 4th rounder?

At some point, you have to see for what he is. A Mediocre QB, who lucked out with fact that Jerry liked him a lot and BP gave him a second chance. He might be a pretty Decent (EDIT) Backup QB on few teams, nothing more than that.

CoCo1

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Quincy will be the next Steve McNair.

LOL!!

What a hilarious name. So discreet, and yet so transparent. Greetings Banned!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CoCo said:
LOL!!

What a hilarious name. So discreet, and yet so transparent. Greetings Banned!

It is isn't it?

Don't know how many times "Ben", err, I mean "Banned" had been banned but he's hit on a few.