Quinn has 14/1 odds to be the Charger's next head coach

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dan should have far better options than a team who has canned its last 2 Head Coaches in short order.

I also wonder if Dan is willing to be patient for Seattle or Dallas to open up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They need to build around Herbert.

Getting Quinn is pointless.

I honestly don’t know why a team would want a defensive head coach in this era of football.

Defense is the new special teams.

Also, Quinn is an amazing defensive coordinator.

You really want him as a head coach when he can’t do what he does best which is sit in the booth and call defenses?

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I'd like to see Belichick go somewhere else and build a team. You've got to think it would take 3-5 years of draft picks to do it. I could see him in Caif or Texas somewhere he can fish. The Chargers or the Texans would be awesome, maybe Vegas. Houston seams like a stretch for him, so I could see the Chargers or Raiders.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dan should have far better options than a team who has canned its last 2 Head Coaches in short order.

I also wonder if Dan is willing to be patient for Seattle or Dallas to open up.
He loves exactly where he is right now and is satisfied as a coach developing the group he has here and now. He is a satisfied coach to his satisfaction here in Dallas.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Way too early to know.

What I hope is that Dan Quinn is making decisions about what he wants to do after winning the SB. Almost all assistants that get HCing jobs are sought after based on regular season AND…more importantly post season success.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't understand the lovefest for Lincoln Riley.
Agreed. I don’t either. He‘s an excellent OC but doesn’t seem to get much from his defenses. IMO, he would be another Kliff Kingsbury - great offense, no defense.

Plus, maybe more importantly, it’s a lot easier to look like a genius when (at OU and USC) you have a major talent advantage that you don’t have in the NFL where the talent margins are razor thin between all teams.

rags747

Reaction score
Maybe Quinn wants to pull a McClay! Maybe he’s a very happy human right now! Great salary, great working conditions, cheap real estate, no state taxes etc, great defense only to get better. San Diego top of the food chain for real estate, real estate taxes, state taxes etc. Sometimes it’s ok to be happy with where u r at ala McClay.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I'd like to see Belichick go somewhere else and build a team. You've got to think it would take 3-5 years of draft picks to do it. I could see him in Caif or Texas somewhere he can fish. The Chargers or the Texans would be awesome, maybe Vegas. Houston seams like a stretch for him, so I could see the Chargers or Raiders.
The Patriots are in the position they are currently due to Belichick's bad drafting. The team that hires him needs to lay down the ground rules that he is the coach and they will have a separate GM that is in charge of the draft and player acquisition. Also, the Texans would be stupid to fire Demeco Ryans after the job he has done this year.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why would Dan Quinn want to reunite with Moore?

Big_D

Reaction score
BB is mind boggling?? 72 years old. Can the Chargers be that stupid?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
It’s going to be Ben Johnson. They won’t go defense again after this disaster

Big_D

Reaction score
How the hell is Moore 4/1? Wouldn't he be the interim coach if there was any interest at all?