Quinnen Williams: I feel like I'm going in the right direction

Yes. But its not his fault Jerry hired a coordinator who brought in a defense that is NOT catered to the DTs skillset.

Thats like hiring a auto mechanic to manage a 5 star restaurant. Thats not his skillset.
Lol! Hit it right on the head....but, some idiot is bound to put a rolling eyes, meme! Lol
Hey, some fans know and some, think they know. Salud!
 
I don't think he has the coordinator to maximize his ability. He's too busy daydreaming at the secondary.
CP has allowed him more leeway to attack downfield the last couple games. I'm optimistic he'll figure out how to maximize him.
 
Clark played 9 seasons in Green Bay of which 8 were in a 3-4 scheme
Williams played in the 3-4 throughout his college career and 50% of his time with the Jets

And this is why I love most of our intelligent members here. I've been proudly educated! Again, I'll never claim to know it all, so I'll definitely stand to be corrected at anytime.

Thanks for the info!
 
Horrible analogy.

You do not hire a DC to scheme around one player only. If the player is that good, he will adapt. Q is adapting.

I didn't think it was that horrible, but ok I guess?

The person i responded to only mentioned that one player (Quinnen) being brought here and its obvious he wasn't being used to his strengths. There are very experienced former NFL defensive linemen who've mentioned that very thing publicly in segments and podcasts.

I agree with you that you don't bring a coach in here to scheme things around one player.... but the problem is, the whole front 7 seems to be out of place at times and some of them are good players.

Why aren't their talents showing? Most of it has to do with the scheme but I believe they've shown improvement. I do realize its a learning process.
 
Yes. But its not his fault Jerry hired a coordinator who brought in a defense that is NOT catered to the DTs skillset.

Thats like hiring a auto mechanic to manage a 5 star restaurant. Thats not his skillset.
Same type of defensive front that he played with the Jets...
 
I think thats BS to be honest. Hes a football player and hes supposed to be an elite player he should be able to adapt to any system. Players change teams and systems in free agency all the time.

The sad fact is he just hasnt lived up to what we gave up for him.
Incorrect.

Bruce Arians said it about Brady.

Weeks 1-4 they tried to make him fit into what they wanted.

Then they realized they paid Tom to be Tom - Won the SB.

You dont bring in stars then change what they are good at.
 
The defensive rebuild is a 3 year project. By the time this D is good, QW will be at the tail end of his career, unfortunately. He's right to take it slowly and day-by-day...it's not like if he balls out every game the back end of this D is not suspect, the linebackers are either raw or injured, and we have no real pass rush. Oh yeah, we have a new coordinator.

These things take time. All we can expect is incremental improvement, but it's not like we got the best players but the D isn't performing. Nope...we are about where we should be, maybe even a bit better.
 
We traded a precious first for a guy who has a long way to go lol
And paid him over $35 million per year. In his eighth season, turns 29 before season’s end. It’s starting to gel. Encouraged by his progress.
 

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,238
Messages
14,674,148
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top