Quinton Couples released

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If he gets signed it'll be his 4th team in five (?) seasons. That should be his fourth and final tire to kick.

Brooksey

Reaction score
He's the type of FA guy DE we can look at, he can come in and play end or tackle, he's a very tough physical guy, violent at times. Problem is taking plays off, he needs a motivator and a big incentive type deal. Between JJ and Marinelli we should be able to motivate a guy like this. I saw him make a couple of big plays couple weeks ago, a sack and forced fumble...wonder if he is a locker room problem.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I dont know man. Wouldnt surprise me. We like draft pedigree in reclamation projects

we could have claimed him off waivers last year before he joined the dolphins, and paid him no attention this offseason. I think he would be a great fit as a hybrid LDE/3T, but I can only assume they aren't interested in him due to perceived effort issues.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
nope trash heap...nothing to see there.... wait for something better....jmo

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Trash heap? No other young player with as many sacks as him is going to shake free from any other teams

My opinion trash and will only take up space and time for a young player that can develop. I understand the intrigue and respect the conversation, but there is a reason a player is released that many times. This team and coaching staff have not shown they can "coach up" malcontents and otherwise idiots that can't stop from doing stupid.

So, I for one, hope he doesn't come to Dallas. I am okay with being dead last in defense if I see the light at the end of the tunnel. If you get bored...and I don't think you will, you will see I am never in favor of finding talent in cut or released players out of need. For depth, perhaps, but not for need.

I don't think the defense will be good and i don't want another rent a player.

Lastly, he has production. Why did that stop? Lack of drive? Injuries? drugs? concussions? cancer in the locker room? If Jerry and company want to be silly, sign him after week one please.

All that being said, I respect your position and know when all is said and done we both want the same thing...wins and a shiny trophy back at the Star...odd not saying Valley Ranch.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd bring him in. We gave no answers ourselves. And there's no "progress" to "stop".

John813

Reaction score
The Dolphins were desperate for DEs last year.

Claimed him off waivers. Didn't play, except for a handful of plays

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Or... as Spagnola would say "if he's so good, why is he available?"

What did Spagnola say about Mayowa? Coples runs circles around him in pressures, tackles and sacks.