Quit grumbling, we're back in the hunt.

Reaction score
O.K., so the Cowboys didn't play a pretty game last night, the farewell game to Texas Stadium. When the defense was playing well, the offense stunk, and when the offense finally got their act together, and scored two touchdowns late in the game, the "D" inconceivably allowed two back-to-back 77+ yd. TD runs.

Afterwords, the 'Boys thought they were pretty much dead. You could see it in their eyes. Game over. Maybe next year, all that stuff. Depression galour. Now, less than 24 hrs. later, they are in the thick of the playoff race once again. They're future is in their own hands.

I don't know why, but I just feel that they are going to go down to Philly & lay it on the Eagles. There's something about having a second chance that makes you more focused & determined that you are not going to blow it again. Our Cowboys are a formidable team when they are motivated & put it all together. You better believe they are motivated now!

All they need is a win in a cold-weather environment to get their confidence back & get into the playoffs. When this team is confident, they can whip ANY team in the NFL.....period. All they have to do is play well on BOTH sides of the ball for the entire sixty minutes.

Don't ask me why, but I believe Romo's pinky will be healed enough by next week, that he will not only beat the Eagles, but take the Cowboys all the way to the Super Bowl. We are this year's Giants....who we will beat on our way to the promised land, by the way. Revenge is sweet, my friends.

silver

Reaction score
if atlanta wins out (looks like it with the rams next week) and tampa wins at home vs oakland next week we're out.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
silver;2515460 said:
if atlanta wins out (looks like it with the rams next week) and tampa wins at home vs oakland next week we're out.
Not true.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
silver;2515460 said:

Not true at all

DEZBRYANT x88x

Caps8Cowboys41
Reaction score
silver;2515460 said:

but we have to win no matter what

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
While I would tend to agree, I thought the same thing yesterday when Romo hit Witten to AGAIN pull them to within 2...only for the defense to AGAIN give up a long, breakaway TD run rather than just do what they were supposed to do in stopping the run and calling the timeouts to get the ball back and have a chance to drive down for the game winning FG.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
silver;2515460 said:

Dallas controls their own destiny. Next week @Philly is our first unofficial playoff game.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cogan;2515445 said:
O.K., so the Cowboys didn't play a pretty game last night, the farewell game to Texas Stadium. When the defense was playing well, the offense stunk, and when the offense finally got their act together, and scored two touchdowns late in the game, the "D" inconceivably allowed two back-to-back 77+ yd. TD runs.

Afterwords, the 'Boys thought they were pretty much dead. You could see it in their eyes. Game over. Maybe next year, all that stuff. Depression galour. Now, less than 24 hrs. later, they are in the thick of the playoff race once again. They're future is in their own hands.

I don't know why, but I just feel that they are going to go down to Philly & lay it on the Eagles. There's something about having a second chance that makes you more focused & determined that you are not going to blow it again. Our Cowboys are a formidable team when they are motivated & put it all together. You better believe they are motivated now!

All they need is a win in a cold-weather environment to get their confidence back & get into the playoffs. When this team is confident, they can whip ANY team in the NFL.....period. All they have to do is play well on BOTH sides of the ball for the entire sixty minutes.

Don't ask me why, but I believe Romo's pinky will be healed enough by next week, that he will not only beat the Eagles, but take the Cowboys all the way to the Super Bowl. We are this year's Giants....who we will beat on our way to the promised land, by the way. Revenge is sweet, my friends.

We couldnt win a game last night when we had everything going for us. Last game in Texas Stadium, needed a win badly, crowd as loud as it's ever been, our defense playing lights out, and we still got our butts kicked.

What makes youm think we'll win next week with everything against us?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
It's an embarrassment and a joke that this team is sitting here hoping for a playoff spot against teams like TB, Atl, and Chicago.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2515477 said:
It's an embarrassment and a joke that this team is sitting here hoping for a playoff spot against teams like TB, Atl, and Chicago.
What are hoping for? All we have to do is win.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2515477 said:

I agree.

I'm ecstatic that we have a fighting chance, but just the fact we are at the bottom fighting it out with those teams is a friggin' joke.

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
Cogan;2515445 said:

man give it up..romo is not a big game player,your D hit its stride again a few weeks ago..now your D is showing major cracks again..Philly will put the dagger in ya,they would love to knock you guys out...and they will!!!

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
silver;2515460 said:

Umm we hold the tie breaker over TB right now.....

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Cogan;2515445 said:
Quit grumbling, we're back in the hunt.

What difference does it make what we do? We're not the players, we're the fans.

We can grumble as much as we dang well want.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
redskins1;2515488 said:
man give it up..romo is not a big game player,your D hit its stride again a few weeks ago..now your D is showing major cracks again..Philly will put the dagger in ya,they would love to knock you guys out...and they will!!!

Go away.

EMMITSWIFT

Benched
Reaction score
catskillthunder;2515475 said:
Dallas controls their own destiny. Next week @Philly is our first unofficial playoff game.

According to who ? The yahoo playoff generator ??? Everything I've seen has told me that only if Tampa loses next week also with a Dallas win can we get in so will somebody post an official link ? Thanks .

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
redskins1;2515488 said:

At least we put the DAGGER in your sorry season.

How did starting 6-2 work out for you guys again?

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2515476 said:
We couldnt win a game last night when we had everything going for us. Last game in Texas Stadium, needed a win badly, crowd as loud as it's ever been, our defense playing lights out, and we still got our butts kicked.

What makes youm think we'll win next week with everything against us?

Because everything's against us. Being expected to win brings on much more pressure than being the underdog. Besides, they do not want to feel like they did last night again. We lost because of two plays--two. I believe it was a fluke, and it won't happen again.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cogan;2515513 said:
Because everything's against us. Being expected to win brings on much more pressure than being the underdog. Besides, they do not want to feel like they did last night again. We lost because of two plays--two. I believe it was a fluke, and it won't happen again.

We lost because of a lot more than two plays, Baltimore whooped us up and down the field and were more physical all game long.

You would think that the last two years and the Pittsburgh game this year would be enough to make these players not want to "have that feeling anymore". :rolleyes: