CFZ Quiz: What are you buying and not buying regarding this year’s team?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Buying shows hope and fandom...not Buying, show quit....my opinion..
Well, it’s really just different ways to be a fan. We all want the Cowboys to win. But we also have a ton of different opinions on the state of the team, strengths, weaknesses, how to get better, etc, etc. Those differences of opinion are what makes this place work.

ESisback

Reaction score
Also, I don’t COMPLETELY buy the OL being better or Zeke being back to form, but I see a stronger, more aggressive presence at LG, Ferguson as the second TE, and a healthy Zeke as improvement to the run game.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, it’s really just different ways to be a fan. We all want the Cowboys to win. But we also have a ton of different opinions on the state of the team, strengths, weaknesses, how to get better, etc, etc. Those differences of opinion are what makes this place work.
I guess you're right....it takes all kinds to make the world turn. I, for one, can do without the "fans" that think that only play off wins make a successful season.....I wonder how they are measured in their workplace

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I hope you're right. We didn't seem to have this problem in 2016 when they were good.

But why is it a big mystery to all you guys? Cowboys offense was all world running the ball and passing. Killing it through the first 8 games. Cowboys were 7-1. And then what happened? Its not a big mystery. What happened?

-Tyron Smith went down and Steele had to play LT, couldnt handle it.
-Collins came back from suspension and was terrible.
-Mcgovern replaced Williams and was even worse
-Cooper got Covid, ,missed two games
-Zeke got hurt
-Dak got hurt again
-And lets not forget that Gallup was already hurt at this point

Now every single one didnt happen in week 8 but within the next week or two all these things would happen.

Did you guys just forget that all this stuff happened? Why is it some kind of huge mystery as to why the offense struggled in the 2nd half? As if nothing happened at all and the offense just got inconsistent.

Or that all of a sudden Dak started struggling more for no apparent reason?

Zeke was averaging 5.5 ypc and then went to 3 ypc. Pollard was averaging 6.5 ypc and then went to 4 ypc. For no reason? Just out of nowhere? Cmon already. Now you know why.