"ACL a two yr. injury" Kris Jenkins

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Interesting comment from Jenkins who had the Greg Ellis injury in 2005 and was criticized last year for poor play. Ellis is 11 month removed from his ACL injury.From yesterdays Charlotte paper...

"This was the Jenkins of 2003, not the Jenkins who missed most of the next two seasons because of injuries and not even the Jenkins of last season, who still made the Pro Bowl.
"I just came off ACL surgery," he said of 2006. "How do you expect me to get off the ball and do all the stuff that I used to do when I've only got one leg?
"Last year I only had one leg. I'm not going to sit there and say that in the paper; I don't want every other team knowing, yeah, I only had one leg last year, but that was the reality of it.
"I understand what everybody says, that an ACL is a two-year injury to recover from. You're not the same, and I had to do a lot to compensate for that. My (first) step wasn't the fastest, especially playing on the right side, my right knee being hurt; that's my push-off leg."

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Ellis had a ruptured Achilles tendon (ankle), not an ACL (knee) injury.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
Well-while we're on the subject of ACLs-it looks like it'll be awhile before McNabb fully recovers.

And come to think of it-it took awhile for Flo to recover, right? If I recall, he limped through most of last season.

Aikbach

Reaction score
ACL is different than an achilles bro, simple misunderstanding but don't fret over it.:)

tunahelper

Reaction score
Fat is shorthand for overweight & also the reason Jenkins play is declining.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
NorthDalal;1636953 said:
Interesting comment from Jenkins who had the Greg Ellis injury in 2005 and was criticized last year for poor play. Ellis is 11 month removed from his ACL injury.From yesterdays Charlotte paper...

"This was the Jenkins of 2003, not the Jenkins who missed most of the next two seasons because of injuries and not even the Jenkins of last season, who still made the Pro Bowl.
"I just came off ACL surgery," he said of 2006. "How do you expect me to get off the ball and do all the stuff that I used to do when I've only got one leg?
"Last year I only had one leg. I'm not going to sit there and say that in the paper; I don't want every other team knowing, yeah, I only had one leg last year, but that was the reality of it.
"I understand what everybody says, that an ACL is a two-year injury to recover from. You're not the same, and I had to do a lot to compensate for that. My (first) step wasn't the fastest, especially playing on the right side, my right knee being hurt; that's my push-off leg."
:laugh2::laugh1::laugh1:

joseephuss

Reaction score
How about this connection? A torn Achilles is worse than or at least just as bad as an ACL injury in my opinion. And if an ACL takes two years to fully recover, then I would not be surprised if an Achilles takes as long. Flozell is getting close to being 2 years removed from his ACL injury. He never looked 100% last year.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
tunahelper;1637022 said:
Fat is shorthand for overweight & also the reason Jenkins play is declining.

Snickering is shorthand for laughing my butt off right now! :lmao2:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
From what I understand, a torn Achilles is just about the hardest injury for a football player to recover from (like my dangling participle?). Torn ACLs are so common today in the sports world that it's not that big of a deal. Some simply don't come back from a torn Achilles, particularly for players that have to cut so much (linebackers, corners, etc.). The fact that Ellis is over 30 also makes the recovery time longer. We'll just keep our fingers crossed.